Chap 56 / Japeth - You're ten.

Prompt: tik tok sound "father said not to cry.."

TW: domestic abuse!!!!!!! 

Japeth: 10
Aric: 11
____________________________________

"Mother, Stop!" The boy cried out as his mother dragged him outside. She had her long nails deep in the kids skin, leaving red lines.

"If you cry, one more!" She yelled, Japeth tried to push her hand away from his arm, digging his bare feet into the ground.

"Stop! No! I don't want to! Please!" He cried, a few villagers looked over their fences but then away, Japeth must've deserved it, they thought.

"Your behavior was unbelievable! Didn't I tell you to keep quiet when the elders are here?!" She yelled, then she pushed him on the ground, 

A moment later his screams filled their garden, then she grabbed his hair and pulled him up.

"If you're going to cry, I will give more!" She hissed and pushed him back on the ground. He whined, holding his tears back.

Japeth stayed in the backyard for hours, he waited until the sun set down and his mother went to bed.. then he slowly stood up. Closing his eyes with a quivering chin, he breathed out under the pain on his back. He was shaking but he didn't cry.

No tears were falling down. No sobbing was coming out of his mouth. He was quiet. No feeling in his chest, just the pain on his back. His eyes were all red and puffy, he didn't cry.. but the dirt from the ground he was covered in was itching.

Then he breathed out, shaking. At least his mother kept the little candle at the door. He took it and even though it took him half and hour to walk through the village since he was tripping and stopping and catching his breath because of his pain, he finally arrived.

He knocked, one time. And a second time.. and a third time.

"Please open.." he whispered against the door.

"Please.. I need help.." He slowly slid down the door when it opened. Clarissa gasped.

"Oh.. Japeth!" She picked the boy up, with his messy red hair and his shaking lips, without a shirt and socks, all frozen. She brought him to their couch, laying him down. He turned on his stomach, so they could take care of his back.

Lesso walked in.

"Oh, god! Was it your mother?!" She gasped, he nodded just slightly.

"Oh, this woman.." Lesso growled and pulled up her sleeves, walking towards the door, ready to fight whoever hurt Japeth.

"Lesso, don't! We can help him in a different way, you know that." Clarissa warned but saw Aric walk in, wearing a lion pajama.

"Japeth!" Without a word more, he ran to his best friend and sat next to him.

"Was that Evelyn?!" He jumped up again, also pulling up his sleeves.

"Oh, I will RIP HER HEAD OFF!" He said loudly and ran to the door, though Lesso grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

"I tried, darling, mommy won't let us." She said in disappointment but smiled at her wife.

"Can we at least.. talk to her? Wake her up? Pleaseeee.." Lesso said, Dovey sighed but nodded. Aric and his mom quickly left the house.

Japeth sniffed, he looked at the curly haired woman who was cleaning the back wounds.

"Mother said we're not to cry.." he whispered out of nowhere, Clarissa sighed while Japeth sat up.

She stroked over his cheek.

"That is because your mother is incapable of human emotions.." She said. She knew he was smart enough to understand her. She knew he knew it wasn't his fault.

"You're ten, Japeth, cry if you feel like it.." Clarissa finished and sighed again, then she took his hand and they walked to Aric's room.

Taking out a shirt and new pants such as socks, she clothed the boy and let him lay down on the bed.

"I let Aric know you're here, should he lay with you? I know how much comfort he gives you." She asked and smiled slightly, Japeth nodded.

"Okay.. good night, Japeth. Please, rest." Clarissa leaned over and kissed Japeth's head. 

She noticed the tears in his eyes. She noticed how his breath started to tremble. She noticed the shaking of his body under the blanket. She noticed how the boy, after so many times not crying, he let go. 

Clarissa stayed with him, she had sat herself on the bed and pulled Japeth on her lap, he pinched into her morning coat and cried. He sobbed until he gasped for air. He let go, let go off all those feelings.

"You're always, Japeth, always welcome here. And you'll always find help in this house, I promise you.." She kissed his head again, then laid him on the bed, covered him in the blanket.

Suddenly , she remembered what she used to do when she was a kid and her mother wasn't home and she crawled into her parents bed.. Looking for a shirt that Aric wore today but one what wasn't sweaty and didn't smell bad, she handed it Japeth.

"Because comfort is important.." She whispered, Japeth held the shirt close to his chest.

Again, she stroked over his face and left him then. Japeth fell asleep after a short moment while Clarissa waited for her wife and her son to come back.

"Unbelievable this woman.." Lesso swore and walked back inside. Aric yawning.

"Oh, dear.. what she do?"

"Nothing, Aric time for bed now, okay?" Lesso said, ruffled her son's hair. He nodded and headed to his room.

"Oh, I laid Japeth in your room-" Dovey started but when she saw that Aric already noticed it she looked a bit away.

"I hope.. it's okay."

"Yeah, of course!" Aric changed his pajamas and snuggled himself to Japeth under the blanket.

"He'll be fine, right?" Aric asked and looked at his mother who took care of his best friend. She nodded.

"Yes, darling, he'll be fine." She kissed his head too and pretended to leave, then she looked back at the door and saw Aric laying a bit under Japeth, his hands around the other's boy and his head against his chest.

Clarissa chuckled slightly. She loved them together..

____________________________________

Author note-

I definitely like this chapter :)

VOTE <3