Chap 90 / Sapeth - Tag, you're it

Song: Tag, you're it - Melanie Martinez

Book AU

Japeth: 17
Sophie: 16

TW: blood, cutting, sexual assault 

____________________________________

Cold, wet grass hit Sophie's feet as she pulled up her dress and headed through the woods. Sweat ran down her face and blood too. She tasted the metallic red liquid on her lips and tongue.

"You can't run from me!" Japeth called while speeding behind her. Without looking back, she stopped and looked left and right. Where should she go? She decided without thinking and kept running straight ahead.

"Stop it, Japeth!" Sophie cried and wiped over her face, though she kept running and running. She didn't care about the thorns cutting her legs or her arms as she made her way through bushes and high grass.

"You belong to me, my dear." His voice echoed throughout the forest. Sophie tripped when Japeth grabbed her hair harshly and pulled her up.

"You cannot run from me. I'm the snake, my darling, I will always find you." He hissed while turning Sophie towards him and looking at her with a sharp smirk. Sophie gasped in pain and tried to kick him but Japeth raised his eyebrows warningly, so she didn't do it.

"See, Sophie, dear, if you run.. I will catch you, if I catch you.. you'll get hurt. If you get hurt by falling, your really stupid and untrustworthy friends will blame me. And we don't want that, do we?" Japeth asked softly and stroked over Sophie's cheek. Then he let go of her but she chuckled a little only to start running again.

"Sophie!" Japeth yelled and followed her quickly. Sophie ran right into a field of big bush of roses, it started to ruin her dress more. To rip it apart. From afar she saw a cliff and headed right towards it when a scim appeared right in front of her and she had to stop before it cut her throat.

A hand wrapped around Sophie's waist, cold fingers along her skin. Then Japeth turned her around and she looked into Japeth's ice blue eyes. They were cold and empty.

"Why don't you listen? I promised you, you won't be a prisoner anymore but you have to listen to what is said. Not turn my words inside my mouth so it fits you." Japeth claimed and stroked along Sophie's jaw, lifting her chin.

"I'll play tag, you're with you all the time, my dear, but right now.. I have other things to do." Japeth hissed and suddenly Sophie was all back to Rafal. Her breath started to humble and she felt dizzy and confused. Japeth held her tightly as she lost consciousness.

"Sophie! Stop hiding!" Rafal yelled while I hid beneath the bed. My hand laid over my mouth, covering my heavy breathing.

I didn't want to. I didn't want his hands on me. It was my body. Mine. I'm allowed to say no.. right? My body.

I felt my body shaking. My chin quivering and my eyes tearing up. He was so close. Too close. I could see his shoes from where I was laying. He was so close.

"Sophie, I know where you are." Rafal said and lifted the blanket with his feet. I let out a small tearing squeal as Rafal's face appeared next to me. He grabbed me and pulled me out under the bed.

I kicked him and crawled backwards. My hands grabbed the next best thing that was in the way. A book. I threw it at him, though with an easy move of his hand the book flew aside and hit the wall.

The wall behind me came, I felt its cold stones against my back, through my shirt. Rafal kneeled down to me.

"I'll play hide and seek with you all the time, my dear, but right now I want to do other things." Rafal whispered while stroking over my cheek. Drying my tears. His hands then wrapped around my wrists and he pulled me up. I shook my head over and over again and tried to hold against him.

"Let go.." I whispered in tears, scared and sniffed. 

"Let go off me.. please." I squealed beneath gasps. Rafal pulled me with him to the bed even though I pushed back as harshly as I could. I let myself fall to the ground, made myself as heavy as possible. Tried to kick Rafal, bite his hands or do something!

Frustrated by the power he had over me, I kicked against his leg, it didn't do a thing to him. He only scoffed and kept pulling me towards the bed.

"Let go! Let go! PLEASE!"

Sophie woke up, tears covered. She was on the ground and pulled away from Japeth who had a worried face. 

"No.. Leave me alone!" She yelled and tried to stand up, though she was still too confused and blurred for that.

"Hey, it's okay.." Japeth whispered but Sophie sobbed, hitting his hands away from her.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" She cried loudly and pushed herself against a tree that was behind her, her legs pulled up to her chest and her hands protectively stretched out, ready to fight.

"I won't do anything.. what.. what?" Japeth whispered confusedly. He knew he basically hunted her, so she wouldn't leave. But Japeth would never hurt Sophie in that kind of way.

"Go! Go away! Piss off! Leave me alone!" Sophie cried. Japeth carefully crawled over to her. Step by step, he held his hands up, to show her he won't do anything..

"No! Stay where you are! STOP!" She shrieked, and Japeth stopped. What happened to her.. What triggered Sophie..?

Somewhere in his mind, Japeth knew what happened. Who happened and why and where. It made him sad.. angry but he also knew.. if he wouldn't look like him.. like his father. Like Rafal.. maybe she'd reacted differently to her sometimes.. 

For now.. he just sat down in front of Sophie, listening to her sobs and crying and cursing. There was nothing for Japeth to do to help her. He'd never touch her when she was in that kind of state. He had promised it to himself and to Sophie.

____________________________________

Author note-

I'm honest, I do like and hate this chap at the same time. Also I have the feeling I've written (or Freakyweirdo06 ) a similar one shot before but okay..

Vote <3