Chap 58 / Jaric - Grief

Japeth griefing over Aric's death (and a random headcanon)

TW: talking about death, griefing over a dead person, memories
____________________________________

The ground was dirty and dry but I was still sitting on it. A gravestone in front of me, I sniffed.

The night was still here and it was cold, though I had a blanket covering me. I wished he was here.. I wished Aric was here. He deserved to be here..

Tears were running down my cheek and I felt how my breath started to humble into a heavy sobbing. My chin was quivering and my chest hurt. It hurt because all happiness I ever had died and I couldn't even say good bye.. not a kiss.. not a hug.. nothing. He left without a word and just let me stay here.

A hand touched my shoulders, out if reflex I grabbed it, turned it around and held it against the person's back. She gasped.

"Sorry.." I mumbled and let go of Clarissa. She sighed and smiled sadly. She lost her wife but.. she had time to say go bye. She bad time to spend the last breaths with her. I didn't. 

"Why are you here?" I asked and sighed.

"I went for a walk, Sophie said the gates will be open when I go back.. then I saw someone and well.. this here is no graveyard but when I realized it was you.. I guessed you had your… own funeral for.. him." She explained and sat next to me.

"I did. And nobody was here.. so you can piss off too." I said and rolled my eyes, sniffing again.

"I know, I shouldn't have come here but.. well, you sat here.. all alone and I felt like you needed someone." She said, Clarissa didn't touch me or laid her hand on my back, she just sat there right next to me.

"I'm not alone, Clarissa, you can go now." She ignored me, saying no word for a while. I wasn't sure how to react to that because she was nice but I didn't.. I didn't want her here.

"Why here?" She asked out of sudden.

"What?"

"Why did you bury him here? Does it have a reason?" She asked and nodded at the stone. Should I tell her?

"It's near to his home.. where he lived with Lesso. If you go a bit further, behind a Bush and a stone wall is a cave.." I explained quietly, knowing Aric is killing me somewhere in the afterlife.

"Really?! Oh wow, I didn't know that.. Lesso never talked to me much about where her son and she was living." She responded and leaned back a bit. Suddenly it felt less tense around us. I could say I felt.. comfortable.

"Yeah, he showed me the cave a few years ago, it was pretty cool.." Mumbling, I sniffed again and wiped over my face.

"Can you.. can you show it to me? The cave?" She asked and looked at me, I looked back, biting my lip. I thought a bit about it, would any of those two be happy to show someone the cave? I shrugged my shoulders.

"Sure.." we stood up and I walked to the rose bushes, Aric hated them. Then I went past the stone wall, a small cave entrance was right in front of us.

I led her inside, there were still an old bed, a small wood table with chair and some old books, pages ripped out.

"Wow.. it's.. cozy." Clarissa said and walked to the books, I carefully watched her.

"What pages are gone?" She asked as if she read my mind.

"All the stuff about magical weapons are gone." She claimed and looked at me.

"Japeth?"

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders and looked away. She knew.

"What weapons are you making? Japeth.. what are you planning?" She asked worried and walked back to me.

"Don't do it, it's not worth it.. I know your mom has been really.. really bad but.. you're not evil, come on." She said, the pain in her eyes was so.. real, yet I was confused. Why did she care?

"Japeth, please.. I know you're grieving, I know it's hard-"

"You don't know anything!" I hissed angrily. She flinched back.

"Japeth.. please." She whispered but I shook my head.

"You don't know anything about me, Clarissa. You have no idea what I've been through." I said and scoffed.

"Why do you need those texts?" She asked, now more steady and more confident.

"Because I do."

"What are you hiding? Japeth, I know you don't like me very much.. but.. I've been there for you. I'm still the godmother fairy-" She started but I cut her off again.

"I don't care! I don't need a fairy! I needed a mom! And my mother wasn't here and just because you thought you could take care of me for a few years doesn't mean you are anything to me than a stranger!" I yelled, Clarissa looked at me and I saw the tears in her eyes.

"You are nothing to me, Dovey." She gasped slightly.

"Don't say that, Japeth.." She closed her eyes slowly and exhaled deeply.

"Your father asked me to do what I did, Japeth. And I did it with pleasure.. you didn't turn out bad, Japeth, you're not evil." She said and moved closer to me, I stepped back.

"I am, and if you think you could change that about me, then you thought wrong." I claimed, then I stormed out of the cave.
____

3 YEARS AGO

Japeth: 16
Aric: 17

"Come on!" Aric grabbed my hand and pulled me through the bushes, cutting my legs slightly.

"Okay okay!" I chuckled and we arrived at the cave. I assumed, Aric was angry if we went here but he seemed more like excited.

I walked to the books on the table while Aric sat on the metal bed.

"Where did you get those?" I asked and turned to him.

"Lesso, she brought them here when we lived here. They're pretty good actually, if you want to read it do it." He said and smiled.

"Sure." I went through the pages when I saw one about scims and what they can do, though they're not very known. I scoffed and read a bit of the text. 

"Can I rip a page out?" I asked while reading.

"Sure, if you want more you can take more." I nodded and went to magical weapons I could make myself, though I didn't rip those out, I just read them.

"This book.. is really good!" I claimed and sat next to Aric.

"Do you.. do you know a Clarissa Dovey?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah, what about her? She was my mom's girlfriend, I'm sure they're married now." He said and rolled his eyes. I nodded and breathed in.

"Okay.."

"Why?"

"She used to.. look after me for a while, when mom left with Rhian. They were gone for years.." I explained quietly and nodded.

"Oh.."

"Yeah, whatever! Let's go back." I said, we jumped up and left the place. 
_____

A FEW MONTHS AGO

Japeth: 18

Those stupid bushes! I tripped through them and headed to the cave. A bit out of breath, I went inside. The book right where it always has been, I went to the pages about dangerous magic weapons, ripped those pages out and smiled.

Though, I'm a dangerous boy.. making myself even more powerful would fit right into my plan. The pirates would love this.. and Aric would be very proud.

Then I left the cave again, running back to the big kingdom of Camelot.

I will find what I need.. and I will bring back Aric. 

____________________________________

Author note-

Man, I like this chapter hehe

VOTE <3