Chap 74 / Japeth - Just accepted it

Japeth outing himself to Vanessa

Japeth: 12
Aric: 13
Sophie: 11
Filip: 14

TW: homophobia
____________________________________

With a big smile, I headed towards Aric and Sophie. They've been waiting for me for a while now.

"Hey!" I yelled, Sophie waved happily at me while Aric pressed out a small smile.

"Hello!" She said and stroked back a blonde hair strand. We planned to have a small picnic together, Filip will be here soon too.

"How was your weekend?" I asked the two, Aric shrugged his shoulders and looked away, biting his lips. He probably had a calm weekend with his moms. They always have a calm weekend.

Sophie seemed quite excited though. She was jumping up and down, grabbing my arm.

"Momma allowed me to come here and it's so amazing! And otherwise.. I had a boring weekend, momma only wanted to do some facemask and she tried new hairstyles for church." She explained with an eye roll.

"Cool!" I only said, still watching Aric. He ruffled through his black hair, it was messy but it suited him so well! Then Filip finally arrived. We all went into the forest.

A few hours passed by and we decided to go back home. Filip and Sophie were the first to leave. Aric and I were alone now.

"So, uh.. we'll see each other in school!" I said and waved. He nodded and smiled back.

"Oh, Japeth! I'll show you my new painting tomorrow, okay? After school!" Aric quickly called back, I nodded happily that he invited me over.

"Sure! Bye!" I hopped home basically, opened the door and walked inside.

My mom was waiting for me in the kitchen, she was tapping her long red fingernails onto the table. A small look at the table and I noticed the notebook.

"Hey.. mom.." I whispered, she cleared her throat and looked at me while I kept my head down.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" She asked quietly, still sitting.

"What..?"

"You and Aric? Haven't I told you to stay away from him?!" She started to get louder. I flinched a bit.

"And now you're calling yourself what exactly?" Mom flipped through the pages of my dairy, ripped out a page and hit it on the table.

"Gay?" She stood up, I kept my head down. I was scared.. this was my secret. Why does she always have to look through my stuff? I hated her..

"GAY?! You are not fucking gay!" She yelled and ripped the page into many small pieces.

"Mom- my.. my dairy-"

"I don't FUCKING CARE ABOUT YOUT DAIRY!" She shouted, hitting her hands onto the table. A storm of red butterflies started to fly around.

"You are normal, you hear me?! Normal! Everything I did! Every girl you've liked! You are normal. You are not like those.. those women!" She yelled.

"I am!" I yelled back and looked up at her. My body was shaking and I felt angry. She had no right to talk like that. She had no right to talk about my friends like that. They're my friends!

"No, you're not." She whispered, her eyes were darker than usual.

"I am. I am because I never liked a girl!" I yelled. Her eyes widened.

"I never wanted to date a girl! I like boys! I Aric! I love him!" I yelled and felt my scims flying out of me.

Mother chuckled slightly in disbelief. Her butterflies leaving the house, while my scims kept staying next to me.

"You are normal." She whispered again.

"I'm gay. And I like Aric. I've liked him since the moment I met him. And I won't let you decide who I should love!" I claimed. She scoffed.

I had no idea what happened and why I decided that I could talk like that to my mother.. what I know is, I wasn't scared at all. What she said was wrong. I wasn't normal. I never have been and she knows that.

"Get out."

"No! This is my house too." She looked at me with her dead eyes. Warning me. I was about to overstep a big line but I couldn't care less.

"Get out before.."

"Before what? Are you going to hurt me? Like always? For what? Loving someone? As if you didn't love the most horrible man on this planet." I chuckled and shook my head. My mom's jaw dropped.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You really think that dad is such a good person? Leaving you all here with your sons. Alone? Yet you love him, don't you? I love someone who is good. Someone who could love me back without hurting me." I claimed and breathed heavily. Where did this brave boy come from? I really need this me more often..

"GET OUT!" She screamed and stepped forward, I flinched back. She was so angry.. I was scared. With the next step she made, I ran into my room and locked the door.

Leaning against the door, I sighed and felt tears running down my cheek. Why did I do this? Why did I provoke her like that? I overstepped..

Sliding down the wood, I pulled my knees closer to me and started crying. She knows.. She knows I was gay. She knows now..

I'm screwed.

____________________________________

Author note-

I'm not the biggest fan of this chapter but yea

Vote <3