Chap 80 / Dovesso - That's weird now

Clarissa: 15
Lesso: 16
Castor: 16
Manley: 15
___________________________________

CLARISSA POV

"But if we'd be able to vote earlier, maybe more teens are going to learn and be interested in politics!" I said and leaned back in my seat. Our teacher, Professor Sader looked at me and then at Leonora. He smiled and Lesso did too.

"No, they wouldn't. They're already way too immature, if they'd be able to vote at such a young age our whole society will die." Lesso said back and rolled her eyes while crossing her arms.

I scoffed. We've been arguing in class for fifteen minutes now but only me and Leonora, everybody else just watched even the teacher. The question was if voting at a younger age would be good or not. Like, instead of voting at 18 we could vote at 16. And I'm here for it! I already explained that maybe the school system would have more political classes and discuss what's going on at middle school already and not only on the higher classes.

On that argument, Lesso answered that they wouldn't be interested in that since it's politics but many teenagers aren't even interested in the classes that we have already. It wouldn't make a difference!

Now it escalated a bit but Sader lets us keep talking and taltalking. It was fun.

The bell rang and our classmates started to pack their things.

"Homework is to think about the questions and Clarissa's and Leonora's arguments! You are dismissed." Sader said, I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed out.

I had to get to the library, we had a history test tomorrow and I don't understand those papers our teacher got us, so I'll have to learn through some books.

I found some about the American revolution. I was already obsessed with the Hamilton musical and know a lot about Alexander Hamilton, his life and the American revolution but school wants a different kind of knowledge about the war, so I'll have to study more.

The library hall was almost empty, only a few of the senior year were sitting around with headphones and studying for their big tests.

I found my way to the history part of the room, it was in the back and somewhere alone. I hated being in such big places alone. I know how many of those ended for people like me.

Trying to be as quick as possible, I got suddenly pressed against the wall. Blonde hair was falling into my face and I recognized Lesso's purple eyes.

"Girl, leave me alone." I said and tried to push her away but she shook her head, let go of me though.

"Why do you always have to make such a fight out of everything?" She asked and rolled her eyes.

Lesso never was the biggest fan of me, she didn't bully me but she was quite mean to me, so I was mean back. She had no right to act like that, throw tantrums and then leave me like nothing.

"It's always you I have to argue with! Fucking hell, are you stalking me? Every goddamn class!" She hissed. I grabbed my books from the ground and walked past her.

"Well, if it weren't me, class would be boring, wouldn't it?" I said with a smirk and leaned towards her. Lesso rolled her eyes again.

"Class is always boring, with or without you, don't think you're something special." Lesso followed me out of the library and into the lunch hall. It was empty because school has ended already.

"Look, Leonora, I have better things to do now than being followed by you and your stupid tantrums. Why can't you just go?" I sighed and sat at the table, she sat across from me, grabbed my books and pulled them away from me.