Chap 72 / Filip - A house not a home pt. 2

(I know it from tiktok) Tiktok sound: "And I left you in a house not a home" pt. 2 

Gavaldon AU

Sophie: 9
Filip: 13
Japeth: 11
Aric: 12

TW: no happy ending

____________________________________

A few months later

Mom and dad were talking while eating dinner. The boys too, Jakob was hitting Adam with a small plastic spoon. We were quite a loud family, yet I sat there and just poked into my food with my fork.

Then I loudly laid the fork on the table, everyone went quiet and looked at me.

"That's not what you promised me, mom!" I said angrily and looked at her, since she was sitting next to me.

"Why isn't she here? Why isn't Sophie here? Mh?" I turned towards my dad, he looked away guilty and sighed.

"What? Why are you looking away? Are you ashamed of her? What is it?! She is your daughter, Stefan!" I yelled a bit. Dad looked at me when I called him by his name.

"Filip, sit back down. Let's talk about thi-"

"No, no. There is nothing to talk about, mom. Sophie needs a safe home and right now she is everywhere but." I claimed. Jakob and Adam looked at me, then at each other and Adam took Jakob out of the room.

"Filip, sit back down." Dad commanded me calming.

"No." My hands on the table, I leaned towards him and looked at him.

"No, I won't. And you know why? Because you are treating Sophie like a stranger. You are treating her like she is something disgusting. But she isn't, she is kind and funny. She is more than Vanessa is trying to force her to be. But you are so fuckING BLIND!" I started yelling. Dad jumped up from his chair.

"Sit back down and don't you raise your voice at me. Sophie is none of our business, Filip." He exhaled, closed his eyes for a moment but then he decided to be the mature one and sat on his chair again.

"She is my business because apparently she isn't yours." Mom gasped.

"That's enough. Go to your room." Dad said and pointed at our door. I scoffed and shook my head.

"Why? I'm telling the truth, aren't I?"

"You know what Vanessa did to me-"

"BUT THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU, DAD!" I snapped loudly and hit the table.

It made me so angry, why couldn't he see that this was about Sophie and that she was literally being beaten up with those horrible expectations of Vanessa. This wasn't about how Vanessa treated him or what she did to him, yes she lied and yes she forced him to get Sophie but this wasn't about him. 

"Filip, don't yell at your dad, please." Mom mumbled, laying her hand on mine but I pulled mine away.

"This isn't about him. This is about Sophie." I hissed, then I turned around and left the house. Making my way to Sophie, I saw Japeth standing in front of the door.

"Hey!" I called, he turned around and waved. His red hair was quite messy, but it fitted him. He also had some books in his hands.

"What's that for?" I asked, nodding towards the books. 

"Sophie, she wasn't in school for a week. I'm worried, so I thought I could bring her the homework." He explained and smiled.

"Cool." I knocked and waited for someone to open but nobody answered. Then I decided to just go inside, I took off my shoes and helped Japeth get out of his. We looked around.