Chap 82 / Filip & Sophie - Don't you cry

TW: mention of abuse, crying

Sophie: 6
Filip: 8

____________________________________

FILIP POV

"You cannot yell at your daughter like that!" I said angrily but Vanessa just scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"She is my daughter! I will do what I want with her." She said back. Why can't she realize that it was wrong?!

I've come to visit Sophie and maybe go out with her but instead I found Vanessa screaming and yelling at my sister. And I can't let that happen. I can't.

"She's your child but you're treating her like a stranger! YOU DON'T HIT YOUR CHILDREN!" I yelled and threw my hands into the air. Sophie was sitting behind the table on the ground and cried.

"It's called discipline! And she is my daughter!" She yelled back. This woman made me so angry. I could choke her to death.

"That is not discipline! It's abuse, Vanessa!" I claimed. Her hand swung and I closed my eyes but she never hit me. Carefully opening my eyes, I saw my mother holding Vanessa's hand tightly and pushing it back. Vanessa tripped a little.

"That's enough, Vanessa. You won't lay your hands on my son or your daughter, ever again." My mom said with a strong voice. My breath started to fasten.. Vanessa almost hit me…

"Filip, take Sophie home." My mother said, I nodded quickly.

"Yes, Ma'am." I mumbled and headed behind the table. Ignoring the fight of Vanessa and my mom, I crouched down to little Sophie.

She had her knees pulled up to her chest and her head laid down on her arms. Her shoulders were bouncing and I heard sobbing. My heart ached, she was so small.. so vulnerable and Vanessa was being so bad.

"Hey, little girl.." I whispered and laid my hand carefully on her head. Sophie sniffed and lifted it.

"Filip.." She cried, I nodded and smiled softly.

"What do you think about coming with me? Home? We can take a nap together." I suggested softly.

"You CANNOT TAKE MY DAUGHTER!" Vanessa yelled, so I quickly held Sophie's ears shut. Her eyes filled with tears again. My stomach hurt but I couldn't cry now, I had to be strong for her. I have to stay strong. No tears, Filip.

"It's okay." I mumbled more to myself than to her. Sophie nodded a little, I took my hands of her ears and instead she shut them herself.

I picked my little sister up and carried her out quickly. Vanessa followed us.

"Come back here! That is kidnapping! Filip! YOU CAN'T TAKE MY CHILD"! She screamed but my mom yelled back.

"VANESSA!" Then it went quiet and I quickly made my way to our house. I opened the door with my food and pushed it then. I took off my shoes. From the living room, I heard my dad singing.

Quickly, I headed to my room. Sophie had hid her face into my shoulder, though she didn't stop crying and my shirt was wet now but I didn't care. She was allowed to cry.

I laid Sophie down on my bed, then I grabbed a shirt and some shorts that were actually fitting her quite well, and told her to put them on while I'll make some tea. Sophie nodded with a sob..

Hushing through the house, I came back to my room with two cups of tea, some biscuits and a small puppet I found in my brother's room.

"Can I come in?" I asked and knocked. Sophie let out a small 'yea', so I stepped inside.

"Tea time!" I called and sat on the floor. Sophie followed. Her eyes were red and cheeks puffy from the crying, so I grabbed a tissue and carefully patted over her soft skin to clean the tears away.

With a small sniff, she tried to smile. Her eyes watered again though. I quickly poured hot water into her cup and handed it to her. 

"It's your favorite!" I claimed. It was a pink cup with flowers as a handle. I once told Soph to bring one of her favorite cups with her, so she doesn't have to take one she doesn't like. Everyone was careful with her cup and didn't use it at all.

We spent an hour together drinking tea and listening to Sophie talking about her favorite fairytale, Cinderella. I asked questions and showed that I was interested in what she was saying, which I truly was.

Afterwards, we brushed our teeth and went to bed. I red Sophie a short story and she fell asleep right away.

____

SOPHIE POV

I woke up in the dark of Filip's room. Rubbing my eyes, I moved around a little until my hearing came back. Someone was crying… My eyes filled my tears as I noticed how Filip's shoulders were quivering.

"Don't cry.." I whispered and laid my arms around my brother. Why was he crying? There wasn't a reason for him to cry.. I cuddled myself closer to Filip.

"Don't cry, big boy.." I mumbled beneath tears and let out a little sob. That wasn't fair. Why was he crying? He had no reason to cry! Everything was fine, wasn't it? I was fine, right? And he was too!

We're having a sleepover! What wasn't okay with that? What happened? Why was he crying?!

"I'm fine, Soph.. don't worry." I heard him mumble with a heavy breath.

"Are you sure?" I asked and held him tightly. I loved it when people held me tight. It calmed me down when physical pressure was on me, like my weighted blanket.. Maybe it will help him too.

"I have you, please, don't you cry.." I whispered, I leaned over him and kissed my brother's cheek. He chuckled.

"I promise, I won't cry again. I'm fine.." he mumbled. I nodded and cuddled myself closer to him, to hold him tight. Really, really tight, so he didn't feel the weight of crying anymore!

____________________________________

Author note-

Not one of the tiktok sounds BUT! I like this one even if it's kinda short lol :)

VOTE <3