Chap 71 / Filip - A house not a home

(I know it from tiktok) Tiktok sound: "And I left you in a house not a home"

Gavaldon AU

Sophie: 9
Filip: 13
Japeth: 11
Aric: 12

TW: slightly domestic abuse
___________________________________

I was sitting on the floor, next to me Japeth and Aric, we were over at Sophie's house. I heard her mom yelling at her and Sophie crying. Japeth sighed and wanted to stand up to help his best friend but I grabbed his arm and held him back, though I stood up myself.

"If you won't stop this, I will." He said confidently, I nodded and went to the livingroom. Sophie was on the floor, her legs pulled up to her chest, Vanessa was standing in front of her and yelling.

She was angry at Sophie for being too loud. She was angry at Sophie for being not perfect enough. She was angry at her for making her look like a bad mom. Vanessa was a bad mom. She is a bad mom.

"Vanessa, please, stop it." I said calming, she turned to me and grabbed my arm harshly.

"That is none of your business, Filip!" She yelled and pushed me away, I rolled my eyes and sat down to Sophie a moment later. Vanessa also finally stopped screaming and went to her room.

"Hey, come on, we'll go over to my home. Japeth and Aric are coming too." I whispered into her ear and rubbed her back carefully. She shook her head.

"No.." She sniffed.

"I have to stay here." She whispered and hid her face with her hands, still crying. I kissed her head. I didn't want her to leave all alone in this place.

"No, you don't. Dad still has the right to take care of you, he is your dad too. You can sleep in my bed, I know how much you love it." I said with a small smile and heard how a door opened.

Japeth and Aric walked out.

"Is everything okay? Can we help with something?" Aric asked and bit his lip, I shook my head and sighed.

"You should go." Vanessa suddenly appeared again with crossed arms and raised eyebrows.

"Why? We just came along-" Aric started but Vanessa cut him off.

"Out." The two boys groaned with an eye roll but left as they got told to. I stayed.

"Vanessa, seriously, you can't keep yelling at her like that." I said and stood up, crossing my arms too.

"I can and I will, Filip. Now, out of my house. If Stefan thinks he can drag you into my life because of Sophie he can cut it off. She's staying with me and you'll be staying with him." She explained and tilted her head, smiling fake.

"I'm not here because of Stefan but because of my sister-"

"HALF SISTER!" She yelled, I flinched together slightly at her loud voice. With a deep breath in, to not lose my shit here in front of Sophie, I looked at the ground and back at Vanessa.

"I'm here because of my sister and I won't let you treat her like that. She is just a child." I said and looked at Soph, she sniffed and looked up at me too.

"She is my child, though and I will do whatever I want with her." Vanessa grabbed Sophie's arm harshly and pulled her onto her feet.

"My daughter, my choices. Now leave, or you will be dragged." She hissed and pushed Sophie behind her. She was still crying.

"Sophie, come on. You can come with me to dad. I'm sure they'll all be happy to see you." I tried again and looked at my sis. She looked away, her chin quivering. I sighed and let my shoulders hang.

"Get out."

I turned around and left. I left Sophie in this house.. A moment later, I heard Sophie's crying again, it was breaking my heart. My chest was aching more each step I made away from the house.

Then I started running back home.

I ripped the door open and ran into my moms arms, she held me tightly, not asking what's wrong. Tears were running down my face and I pinched into my mom's shirt.

"Shh.. shh.. I know.. She can be awful.." Mom whispered and rubbed my back.

"I can't just leave her there, mom!" I said against her shoulder with a shaking breath. It was horrible of me to just leave.

"It's okay, Filip, we'll get her out of there. I promise you." Mom held my arms and pulled me a bit away from her, stroking over my face and wiping my tears away.

My mom's hands were soft on my skin. Vanessa's weren't soft on Sophie's.

My mom's voice was calm.
Vanessa's wasn't.

My mom actually cares for me, for my health and for my opinion, thoughts and feelings..

Vanessa didn't, she cared about Sophie's hair, her make up and her reputation.

My mother was a mom.
Vanessa was a monster.

"I have to get her out of there, mom.. please." I whispered with a quivering chin. She sighed, also having tears in her eyes.

"I know, Fil, I know... I'm doing as much as I can.." She whispered, I laid our forehead against hers and closed my eyes.

Sophie deserved someone who cares about her. Someone whose love felt like love, someone whose presence felt like a calming energy and in which arms you can lay to cry. Someone who will wipe away her tears, not trying to swallow them down. She deserves someone that sees beyond her beauty, beyond her mask and all the perfect sides she had.

Sophie deserves someone who sees her flaws, yet loves them just like any perfect thing about her. She deserves someone who will grab her off the ground and put her on the bed, someone who will shower her if she feels like she can't do anything. She deserves someone who will sit with her at night, listening to her breath.

She deserves someone that loves her.

"Mom?" I asked slowly and leaned back, she opened her eyes and tilted her head.

"Mh?"

"What if.. What if someday Sophie will.. won't come out of the house anymore? What if.. Vanessa will hurt her so badly..? She could never do that, right..?" I whispered scared.

"Oh, baby.. no, no, that will never happen. We'll take care that Sophie is safe, I promise." She said and stroked over my face again.

"What if.. what if she will hate me one day..? What if she realizes that.. why can't I help her, mom?" I asked, feeling the tears coming back again.

"What if- What if she will hate me one day? What if she doesn't want to be my sister anymore?" I cried and hid my face with my arm.

"Oh, god no! Sophie loves you, Filip!" Mom hugged me and I also heard the crying in her voice.

"She'll always be your sister!" She said and held me tightly. She held me so tightly, I wished she'd never let go of me.

I wished Sophie could be with me right now, so I could hug her that tight too. I won't ever let her go. I won't ever let anyone hurt her that badly again. I will protect her. She's my sister. She belongs to me, whether I want it or not, she is my sister and I will take care of her.

____________________________________

Author note-

I started crying while writing this yeyyy :O

Anyway, trauma dumping piss off!

VOTE <3