Chap 19 / Japeth - Past

Prompt: Tiktok ("WHY ISN'T EVERYONE ANGRY, CALLING OUT!" + "Don't stop being my mama!" From a friends oneshot: Freakyweirdo06

TW: Domestic abuse,
___________________________________

Ten years ago -

The glass broke.

I looked at my mother, she was exhaling already, she was in a bad mood.

"I'm sorry-"

"Don't fucking talk to me." Mother said and stood up.

"Clean it up!" She yelled and threw another glass at the wall next to me. I nodded quickly and went to the floor picking up the sharp pieces, they were cutting in my knees and hands as I crawled over the ground.

I already knew that she won't speak with me for the day..

Rhian entered the room, he looked at me and left again, going to mother. She put him on her lap, held his hands and played with him. Tears filled my eyes.

"Mom?" I asked carefully.

"Mom, I'm bleeding!" I tried again, why won't she come to me? Why won't she help me? Why does she treat me like that? That wasn't fair..

After I finally finished picking up all the glass pieces and stood up, my hands were bloody and my knees too. I walked up to my mother who was now sitting alone on the couch.

I stood next to her, she was ignoring me.

Silent Treatment.. First yelling. Now that..

I tugged my mothers dress quietly, she kept reading the newspaper.

"Mother?" I asked softly, nothing.

"Mommy? My hands hurt.. I don't know where the bandages are.." I tugged again, and waited again. Tears filling my eyes, my chin quivering.

"Mommy? Please look at me?!" I cried out.

"I'm begging, mommy, don't stop being my mama!" I cried and tried to pull her up from the couch. My face was heating, my cheeks covered in tears.

"Please! Stop it! I'm sorry, I let the glass fall! I won't do it again! Mama!" I cried and cried, covering my face with my arm.

She stood up, she pushed me away and I fell to the ground, she left. She.. she left me all alone.

I pulled my bleeding knees to my chest, and cried. That wasn't fair! She never treats Rhian like that!

Why is it always me?

I always do the wrong thing!

"That isn't fair!" I cried, someone kicked me.

"What isn't fair, huh?!" Mother asked loudly, I looked up.

"I'm sorry!" I cried out.

"It's all your fault!" She yelled!

"You ungrateful child! You ruined my life! Why can't you be like Rhian?!" Another bottle hit the wall. It didn't broke though.

Standing up, I ran to my room and let myself fall on the bed.

That wasn't fair! It just wasn't fair!

-

Now -

The glass broke.

"I'm sorry-" I mumbled and already sat down to pick it up. Aric pulled me up.

"What?"

"I broke the glass. I'll just.. I'll just clean it-" then I realized something. He said something, I looked at him.

"It's just a glass, Japeth.." He smiled, giving me a new one.

"I'll clean up, get yourself a new drink." He said softly.

What..?

Why isn't he angry? Yelling at me? Throwing something at the wall?

I sat on the floor, pulling my knees to my chest.. Why am I not okay?

What is wrong with me?

"Hey.." Aric sat next to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked and took my hands.

"You're not angry at me.." I mumbled and looked at him.

"Of course I'm not, it's just a glass.. Japeth.. What did she do to you..?" He whispered and stroked my face.

What is wrong with me..?

____________________________________

Author note-

💫Trauma💫

Same tho LMAO

Anyway ;P

VOTE <33