Chap 87 / Jaric - You look lonely

Tiktok sound: You look lonely, I can fix that..

TW: blood, alcohol, self harm (mentioned), nightmares, throwing up

Japeth: 17
Sophie: 16
____________________________________

"Japeth?" Sophie whisper-yelled into the dark room of her friend. She opened the door more and saw a small candle next to the bed. It lit up Japeth's tear covered face. He was sleeping. 

Next to Japeth's bed were quite a few bottles.. all empty, she couldn't see what kind of bottles it was but she knew it was not water. She had seen her friend like this before.. but she knew.. it was getting worse and worse each day Japeth wasn't with his love.

While the light of the corridor in the castle hall lit up the room a little more, Sophie slipped through the door and carefully walked up to Japeth. She held her sleeping dress up from the ground and sat on the bed. She didn't want him to be alone..

Running through the woods, something followed me. I drifted aside and headed towards an old shack. Maybe I could find some hideout there.

"Don't you run!" I heard the voice.. a voice too familiar yet too far away and forgotten to recognize. Tears ran over my cold face and I tried to cover my mouth from the sobs that left. My hands were covered in blood. It ran down my arm now. It burned but.. what else gave me pain? I wasn't able to feel anything.

"Japeth!" He yelled. I tripped as I looked behind me and hit my head slightly. I gasped, looking up at the black haired boy with the purple eyes and black clothes that were blood soaked. 

"You look lonely.." Aric whispered and leaned down to me, holding his hand out for me. One side wanted to take his hand. I wanted to go with him.

"I can fix that.." Aric kept pushing but I crawled backwards. No, I cannot leave Sophie.

"Come with me, my dear. No more pain you're doing to yourself. No more bleeding. No more tears or nightmares. No more suffering." He walked slowly towards me while a smile grew on his lips.. to kiss those lips.. oh.. what I'd give for that.

But I shook my head, jumped up and wanted to run but I couldn't move. My legs started hurting and when I looked down I saw rose thorns growing out of the ground, spiking themselves into my legs.

"No.. please.." I mumbled and turned to Aric. His cold hand grabbed my face for a second when our eyes met.. Nothing held me back to go with him. There was nothing to bring me back. Nothing I needed more than him.. He was all I wanted..

"Japeth?" Sophie asked carefully as she noticed Japeth's breath slowing down.

"Japeth?! JAPETH!? WAKE UP?!" Sophie cried, she jumped up and started shaking Japeth but it didn't work. He didn't show any sign of being alive anymore. Sophie started crying, yelling for the guards to help her… but no one came.

"Japeth, please! Come on!"

"Please!" I heard and looked confused around, letting Aric go of me.

"Wake up! You idiot!" It echoed through the woods. Sophie. Sophie.. she still needed me. I ripped my legs out of the roses and started running again when my stomach turned around.. 

Japeth choked, sat up and turned next to his bed. Sophie gasped loudly and held Japeth's waist, so he wouldn't fall off the bed.

"GUARDS!" Sophie yelled again, still crying.. finally! Someone ran into the room and switched the light on. Both Japeth and Sophie groaned at the sudden brightness. Then the guard helped Sophie to carry Japeth out while another one cleaned up. Sophie wiped over her face and stroked Japeth's wet, messy hair as they laid him on a bed in a different room. Rhian's room.

"You'll be okay.." Sophie whispered and placed her head next to Japeth's as she sat by his side, a warm, wet towel on his forehead that also covered his eyes.

"Everything will be fine.." Sophie whispered and pulled the blanket over her shoulders tighter around herself..

____________________________________

Author note-

The next few chapters will probably be a bit shorter since I'm just writing down the ideas I have in my notes.

VOTE <3