Chap 35 / Japeth - Dollhouse

AU where Japeth, Aric, Filip and Sophie live in Gavaldon together

PROMPT: Japeth sees things nobody else sees (Dollhouse - Melanie Martinez)

TW; domestic abuse, drugs, mention of throwing up 

Japeth: 16
Aric: 17
Filip: 19
Sophie: 14
____________________________________

Japeth knew he was smarter than the other kids in Gavaldon, not that they didn't go to school but Japeth was reading. Reading more than the others, of course everyone was also reading in Gavaldom but not the books he had. Books from out of Gavaldon. Books he shouldn't have actually.

He was smarter because he knew about his family, he knew what was going on behind those walls. Not like the others, not like the Elders do. They thought they were the perfect family. Evelyn was going to church more often than the others, with Vanessa, Sophie's mom.

The church, he hated going there, it was hell. Not heaven. So most of the time he just hides in the morning on Sunday when everyone is going there. The Elders already came by a few times because they knew about Japeth not going. They wanted Evelyn to fix it. To fix Japeth.

"You are going to that damn church!" Evelyn yelled but Japeth shook his head.

"No! I don't want to! And you can't force me!" He yelled back but then his cheek was burning, his mom had slapped him again.

"I am not going." Japeth said again, rubbing his red cheek.

"You are, get your brother." Evelyn said energetic and went back to make her hair.

"No."

"Get your fucking brother!" She yelled, Japeth crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"He's high in his room, I don't want to go there!" He yelled and threw his hands into the air.

"I don't care! Get him!"

"He isn't home! Mom! He is out looking for mushrooms! He is mentally sick, why don't you get it?!" He yelled again and got slapped again. Same cheek, same burning feeling.

"Get HIM!" Those were Evelyn's last words, she was doing her eye makeup and ignoring her son. 

Japeth went to the hall of their house, since their rooms were on the second floor, so instead of going upstairs, he carefully and quietly put on his shoes and slowly opened the door. He heard his mother coming, he smashed the door shut and ran.

From one side to the other side of the village took him five minutes, when he arrived at the small cottage at the edge of Gavaldon, Japeth already saw the two women sitting in their chairs. Since he knew those chairs didn't exist here he knew they made them with their magic.

"Hello!" Japeth said and smiled.

"Hey!" Lesso said back.

"Is Aric home?" He asked, opening the fence door and walking into the small garden.

"Yeah, in his room!" Dovey answered, so he walked upstairs and opened the door.

"Is everything okay, dear?" Clarissa Dovey asked and smiled motherly.

"Yea, I'm fine. Just in a rush.." He lied.

"So, Aric is in his room?" He asked again with a small nod as an answer, he headed inside and to Aric's room.

Japeth didn't think and ripped the door open, to find Aric laying on his bed doing.. something. 

"Dude!" He yelled, then Japeth realized what was happening and he smashed the door shut while Aric pulled his pants up.