Chap 53 / Japeth - Abandon your child

Prompt: Shameless scene "you can't just abandon your child" with Fiona and Monica.

What if: Rhian brought back Evelyn

TW: mention of domestic abuse
____________________________________

"Rhian, don't! You know what she's gonna do!" I tried but he just smiled manically and shook his head.

"No." A bright light appeared above us. Blue butterflies started to fly all around us. They were shrieking loudly, dangerously.

My hand laid over my mouth. He's bringing her back..

"Finally!" Rhian yelled and the crowd gasped, they didn't know Evelyn but I did.

"Mother!" He said smiling as the flying person stepped down.

"Rhain… Japeth!" She turned to me, smiling.

"Japeth, my child!" She wanted to walk towards me but I stepped back and she stopped.

"Look at you, my son. My king." She whispered the last part but I shook my head, chin quivering.

"Look what we've done! We're so powerful together! See, I knew it. I knew it all along!" She raised her arms but I kept shaking my head.

"No, no. This.." I looked at the people. The people who trusted me, the people who wanted ME as their king. My brother has lied but I didn't. 

"All alone, I did this on my own." I whispered. Evelyn tripped back by those words.

"Excuse me?" She asked, angry now. I wouldn't fall for this again.

The guilt trip, the manipulation. I'm not gonna do that again. I wasn't a child anymore.

"You don't get to abandon your child and come back one day to pick up the litter!" I started, Rhian pushed Evelyn a bit away.

"This is not fair! Our mother made mistakes but she's here now, that got to count for something-" Rhian started but I interrupted him.

"Shut up, Rhian! This isn't about you!" I pointed at him and then turned to Evelyn.

And for this moment I didn't care about the people, I didn't care to make a scene.

"This is about you." I hissed at the woman.

"This is about what you didn't do. This is about what I did." I pointed at the crowd under us.

"And you know what, I did a fucking great job." Waiting a moment, I saw tears growing inside Evelyn's eyes.

I wanted her to feel sorry. I wanted her to feel like she's the mistake. Like she did everything wrong.

"I have friends now, friends that love me. I can control my powers. I learned how to be a good king. I did it all! No thanks to you!" I nodded and scoffed as she wiped over her face.

"No thanks to you! Because you weren't here!" I yelled, she flinched. Rhian held her hand.

"I appreciate that, Japeth, but I'm here now. And I belong to them. And Rhian does too." She said, trying to reach for my crown.

I grabbed her arm before she could take what belonged to me.

"They don't even know who you are!"

"I'm their queen! And Rhian's mother!" She yelled back.

"BUT YOU WERE MY MOTHER TOO!" I shrieked, pointing at me, the ground started to shake. My body felt like it was burning, tears were in my eyes but I didn't care.

"Maybe I will never make things right with you.." She started but I shook my head.

"Don't. Don't even try to apologize! You did nothing to keep me safe. This 'home' of you wasn't a home. It was hell, because you hurt me." Looking at Rhian and Evelyn. They looked down.

"You hurt me. You hurt me. You did everything to make me seem like the evil one.. but I wasn't. I'm the only one who just wanted a loving family." I said with lifted head.

"Japeth, we're evil.. Evil can't love-" Evelyn tried but again, I stopped her.

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! You don't know anything about love! Evelyn! Nothing!" I yelled, the ground still shaking but the people didn't leave.

Rhian and Evelyn already were close to fall down while the crowd had each other to held on.

"You lived your life following a man who abused you! You followed a man who gave you TWO SONS and didn't take care of them. You lived your life as a MOTHER but you weren't a mom. Not to me." I let my anger out, the two in front of me fell on their knees.

"I'm king now, mother. Not you. I am." I said.

"And as the king, I want an execution." Turning to the crowd, I let the guards grab my two relatives, holding them to the ground.

"No! JAPETH, PLEASE! You don't know what you're doing! You can't kill your own mother!" Evelyn cried.

"I can, Evelyn. And I will." Then I left the podcast and the pirates brought Rhian and Evelyn away.

____________________________________

Author note-

AHHHH DRAMA

Vote <33