Chap 98 / Sophie & Lesso - My goodbye

Song: My goodbye - Epic: Troya Saga

SGE 5 - What if Dovey died instead of Lesso in book 3, and now Lesso helps the students/Sophie

TW: Inaccurate Sophie / Lesso, blood, dead bodies

____________________________________

Lesso looked down at Sophie, her purple eyes burning into the evil queen's. Then she shook her head as she stepped aside while Sophie gulped and tears ran down her face. The students were dying. The war against the snake is hard and the snake, Japeth.. was winning.

"You are reckless, sentimental at best." The teacher said and lifted her head, showing Sophie that she was just a child compared to her, just a naive young woman. Nothing more.

"That's not a teaching of mine. You're grown soft." Lesso mocked and scoffed at the teen while Sophie watched Lesso pointing down at Beatrix that laid on the ground, blood flowing.

"Your dead friends can attest."

"Ey!" Sophie made and Lesso chuckled slightly at the girl. How could she ever think Sophie was able to do this. How could she ever think Sophie was ready? Her own feelings of Sophie being important to her made her believe she was able to ... but she wasn't

"But your emotions aside. You're a Queen, meant to lead the rest." The two looked at each other. While Lesso felt nothing, while she felt disappointed.. Sophie felt angry. How could this woman say those words after everything they've been through? How could Lesso think so little of her?

"I don't know where I went wrong, but I warned you and you failed the test. So now I'm gone." The teacher wanted to turn around and leave but there was still so much she wanted to say. So much to tell Sophie, maybe something will bring her to sanity.

"This way, you'll know your place is. This way, you can't cross the line." Lesso whispered and sighed, looking down, as Sophie scoffed but kept her eyes on her formal teacher. Her friend, her mother and a person she trusted, a person she hoped was by her side until death was there to take one of them.

"This way, when all this is over.. you'll keep yours and I'll keep mine. This way, you won't disappoint me. This way you won't waste my time!" With her hands, Sophie wiped away her tears from her cheeks by the words of the woman. How words cut more than actions was proved to Sophie once more.

"This way, you won't waste my time. This way, I'll close the door. Consider this as my goodbye." Lesso said and this time she did turn around, and she started to leave. Sophie followed her angrily. How could Lesso betray her?

"That's just likе you, why should I be surprised? ." Sophie started and turned Lesso around, grabbing her arm. Now she was lifting her head towards the woman. Maybe Lesso thought she wasn't ready but Sophie knew better. Sophie knew she was ready.

"Unlike you, every time someone dies. I'm left to deal with the strain." Sophie said and pushed Lesso away from her then. She grabbed her crown and threw it off her head. The crown didn't mean anything anymore. Not to Lesso, she didn't see the girl as a queen and Sophie knew that.

"" Throwing her red hair, behind her shoulder, Sophie watched Lesso tilted her head and waited for her to keep going. The woman waited for Sophie to speak her mind, to speak her feelings.

", but now we're done." Sophie said and pushed Lesso away from her. Her anger was growing and she wanted to scream, she wanted it all to be gone.

". This way, you won't plague my life. This way, when all is done, you're out of sight and !" She yelled and an angry smile grew on her lips, a smile that she still cared, somewhere inside her closed heart.

"This way, you get what you wanted. This way, you can save your time. This way, you close the door and have your damn goodbye!" She screamed and Lesso looked at her.

"!" Lesso screamed back in disbelief. She loved Sophie, of course she did but one day.. someone just had to leave and this sacrifice is going to rip the girl apart but it's for her own good.

"! Since you claim you're so much wiser,

"!" She screamed, her breath heavy and long.

A silence laid above the two and Lesso sighed at the sight of her student that she loved like her own daughter. She wanted Sophie to be better than her, better than all the other villains before but now..? Where was the girl she taught? Where was the girl she first felt pity for only to realize it wasn't pity but pride. Pride because Sophie was the better and stronger than anyone else she knew.

". One day, but not today, for after all you're just a girl!" Lesso said quietly, she realized that Sophie was still young, still naive and dumb too.. but somehow she had to learn. Soomeone still has to teach her because she was still a student. Though, she also knew.. she can't teach someone who doesn't want to learn.

"This day, you sever your own head. This day, you cut the line. This day, !" Lesso said and lifted her head while Sophie sniffed, breathed in and felt her heart aching as she knew.. Lesso will go. She'll leave her alone with everything she did and will do. She was on her own now. She was alone now just like she said Lesso was. Alone.

"Consider this as my goodbye. ." Lesso claimed, the night turned in and Sophie was alone in the coldness of her own feelings and thoughts. 

____________________________________

Author note-

I first wanted Aric and Lesso or Sophie and Japeth but now.. Sophie and Lesso fit the best. I know it would be good if it was Aric and Lesso, like some mother son stuff but... I needed Sophie and Lesso, we needed more of them in the books :(

VOTE <3