Chap 48 / Japeth - Daddy issues

WHAT IF: Japeth grew up in the school for good and evil
___________________________________

"You can't do anything! Look at that horrible writing!" Dad yelled, I looked down. Then I ripped the paper out of his hand and ran to my room.

Fuck him..

I grabbed the standing mirror and smashed it on the floor. The glass broke into thousands pieces and I pinched my hair.

Fucking cunt! He isn't better than mother!

Exhaling, I sat on my bed and wiped over my face, the tears away.

Why can't he be nicer?! Why can't he treat me like I was human?! I get that mother hated me and Rhian but my dad?! He doesn't even know me.. he doesn't want to know me.

Someone knocked.

"Yeah-"

From outside was an argument to hear.

"Just because you're a wolf doesn't mean you can treat me like this! I'm a teacher, you useless dog!"

"Dog?! You're a dog! On a goose body!" 

"You take that back!" Someone barked, then my door got opened by Castor.

He waddled inside, sniffing and looking at the broken mirror.

"What happened here?! Don't you sit here and rot, clean it up!" He said and shook his dog head.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed and leaned back a bit.

"I've read your essay, Lesso told me to read over it for whatever reason." Castor rolled his eyes, also annoyed.

"Okay? And?"

"I come to tell you, that it is.. readable."

I squeezed my eyebrows together and tilted my head.

"It's.. well written." He tried again and looked around, seeming to be uncomfortable.

"Okay?"

"It's really good, you should write more, Japeth." I think I heard some sort of pride in his voice. My head lifted to him.

"You think really think so?" I asked and bit my lips. My teacher nodded.

"How can you even read?" I told out my mind and regretted it immediately.

"I'm a dog on a literal goose body. OF COURSE I CAN READ! I'M A TEACHER!" He yelled and I flinched a bit together because of his loud voice.

"Sorry.." I mumbled.

"Anyway, you should write more. Where did you learn to write like that?" He asked then.

"I.. uhm.. I used to write letters to my.. to my boyfriend." I explained slowly, waiting for his reaction.

"Nice." Was his only answer.

He didn't react like I thought he would. He didn't react like mother did.. or father.. or other people. He reacted as if me having a boyfriend was the most normal thing. And I was honestly surprised.

"Yeah.."

"Like I said, now to the fucking third time.. You should definitely write more, you should write your own stories."

I raised my eyebrows and sat a bit up. How should I write my own stories? That wasn't really.. possible.

"My own? You know.. the Storian is the only one writing stories." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"You think?" Castor tilted his dog head and chuckled slightly. I never heard him chuckle..

"I mean… yeah? That's the point of the Storian. And besides, if I would write stories, nobody would read them because they're not from here." I explained and looked away.

"You know, people say that a story needs to be worthy enough for the Storian.. but sometimes, the Storian must be worthy enough and those sometimes, are stories that will never be told because nobody is telling them." He said and it was the first time I ever believed that I could do something important.

Castor was calm and he didn't seem to be such an asshole like he always is. He had a soft spot.. and now I know that.

"You could write them." I think I saw a small smile on his dog head but it also could be just a moment.

"Anyway! Write more and you'll be better!" He nodded and turned around to leave.

"Oh and.." he waited a moment.

"I'm proud of you." He finished his sentence, then he left.

He was proud of me..

I felt tears in my eyes, my chin quivering and my breath started to fasten.

What..?

____________________________________

Author note-

Don't come at me but Castor would be a good father.

VOTE <3