Chap 65 / Jaric - Paper Crown

Song: Paper Crown - Alec Benjamin

Foxwood Boy's School for Conservative Education

Aric:14
Japeth/Rhian: 13
Kei: 13
___________________________________

"One day, I will be king!" Rhian said loudly and Kei smiled, holding him a fake crown. I sighed and rolled my eyes, then I looked over to Aric.

"He'd be a terrible king.." He whispered in my ear, I chuckled and nodded. Then we stood up and left the two alone, walking through the corridor of the boys school. 

We were alone, the others were already in bed because it was bedtime but Aric and I didn't care and neither did Kei and Rhian. 

"I got to show you something…" Aric whispered then, grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him. We ran outside and into a dark cave. He lightened a candle so we got a better view of the cave.

It was big, a bed was standing there and also a closet. Besides that, there was an entrance inside the cave. With a small glimpse at Aric, he nodded and we stepped inside the long dark place.

We walked slowly and carefully through cave and we were wandering for so long until the cave roof finally got bigger and embraced a bright spot. It had a dark small lake, beautiful flowers and in the middle of all that was a treehouse. A small treehouse.

"Let's go!" Aric headed there but waited at the bottom of it. Then he reached for my hand, I took his and he helped go up. 

A small table and some bookshelves were standing around and also something to eat. I looked at the boy next to me.

"You'd be a way better king, so.. here is your kingdom." Aric said and bowed a bit before me. Then he opened a small door at the bottom of the shelf and took out a paper crown. I chuckled.

"My king." He whispered while putting it on my head, then he went on his knees and took my hand, kissed it.

"Thank you.." I said and smiled shyly. He was the cutest. 

"Would you like to join me on my throne? Be my king too." I said with an extra highness tone and waited for Aric to stand up again.

"Of course!" He still held my hand and it made me so happy. After all those years we spent together, and him knowing I liked him.. he finally showed me a bit of his love. Aric never did this even after I confessed to him and he told me he felt the same. 

Now he was here with me, holding my hand, telling me he'd love to be side by side with me.

__

Japeth/Rhian: 16
Aric: 17
Kei: 16

"It's your fault he left!" I yelled and pushed Rhian away from me. He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Well, he attacked me and now he's banned. It's good!" Rhian yelled back but I shook my head and ran out of the door. I saw some boys coming out of the cave from me and Aric. Rhian and Kei were behind me and they followed me inside.

The treehouse was falling down with loud cracks and breaking woods. I stood there and watched as it hit the water with a loud splash and sank into the river.

My chin was quivering and I felt so angry. Then I turned around to Rhian and his friend. They stood there with a proud smile.

"You did this.." I whispered angrily and looked at Rhian, he nodded while shrugging his shoulders.

"Get over him, Japeth. Aric is gone." He said. Then my fist hit his face and be groaned, flinching aside. Kei looked at me and wanted to attack me back but my scims flew over to him and held their sharp tip against his throat. He backed up.

"You're an asshole and you won't ever be a king.." I whispered then cut slightly against Kei's skin. He caught, then the two left the cave.

Just a moment I later I headed into the water, not caring about my clothes getting wet, not caring about anything but the treehouse sinking.

"No.." I whispered as I found the paper crown on the water, slowly dissolving. I reached for it and took it out while it broke in my hands. Tears running down my face.

With an angry rip out of the wood, I opened the treehouse and went inside, the water soaking in my clothes. A small shelf was floating on the water, I grabbed the box inside and opened it. The letters were dry. Thank god..

__

A FEW MONTHS LATER 
Japeth/Rhian: 16
Aric: 17
Kei: 16

We were sitting at the tables in the dining room. Today was latter's day, not many got some though since our parents didn't really love us if they sent us here. Except for Rhian, he always gets letters from mother.

I exhaled and wanted to leave after I finished my meal when one of the workers called my name. I tripped a bit but could save myself and turned around.

"Yeah?" I asked, she walked over to me and handed me a letter.

"If you decide to write back, the letter won't be sent, so make sure to burn this one." She warned me and left again. I looked at the paper.

A.

Was written on, I looked around then headed away. He wrote me?!

My beloved Japeth,

I know I've been gone for a while and it is very difficult without you, I miss you.

The nights are longer than usual and the days won't stop either, every dream I have is about you and me seeing each other again and that's the only thing I want and need right now.

I'm in the forest, the walks are long and tiring but I keep going. Maybe I will find you.. I hope so.

The staff won't let you write me back, I know they won't. But even if.. You'll find a way to get my attention and how to find me.

I need your help.. Please, find me!

In all the rainy nights that we've passed..

My heart is yours, Japeth.

Your Aric.

I sniffed and hid the letter to all the other ones in the box. I sighed. One day, Aric.. One day I'll find you and bring you back and we'll get revenge on my stupid brother.

All I ever had was gone just because Rhian was angry. All I ever wanted was gone because Rhian was jealous. It was all his fault..

I let a scim fly out of my arm, I let it lay down on my hand.

"Find Aric, and let him know.. I'll find him." I whispered and then I let it fly away.

____________________________________

Author note-

Hey hey!

An update again woohoo! I can't promise that more will come the next days, I'm focusing on my umbrella academy fanfiction atm plus we have a lot exams too! I'm sorry.

Also the song is amazing! I only based it on this one but not put all the lyrics into the fanfic.

And if someone didn't really get it: the treehouse is the 'kingdom' :)

So, that's if for the bit ^^

VOTE <3