Chap 43 / Filip - Birthday Party for children

Prompt; Filip realizing Rhain is an asshole (Tiktok sound: 'Have you ever been to a birthday party for children..)

Filip: 15
Rhian/Japeth: 13
Aric: 14
Sophie: 10
____________________________________

Sitting on the bench in front of the house, Filip watched Japeth walking to Sophie's house which was just across the street. 

The girl was waiting outside for the redhead, she waved to her half brother and he waved back, then he stood up and made his way there.

"Hey!" He said. 

"Hey, Fil! How are you?" Sophie asked, leaning over the fence.

"I'm fine, and you?"

"Same! Oh, this is Japeth, Rhian's twin." She said even though Filip exactly knew who Japeth was.

"Hey," Japeth said with a nod and turned back to the blond girl.

"So, Saturday! I'm having a birthday party with Rhian and I thought about inviting you." Japeth said and smiled at the girl.

"Yeah sure! I think, mother mentioned it earlier. Your mom must've already asked her." Sophie said back and shrugged her shoulders.

"Birthday party?" Filip asked, he was a bit confused, why didn't he know anything about it?

Filip and Rhian have been friends for a while, good friends, best friends even! So why didn't he invite him to his birthday?

"Yeah, didn't Rhian ask you? I thought he did." Japeth said a bit cold and shrugged his shoulders, rolling his eyes.

"He.. didn't.."

"Well, if you want, you can come too of course." Japeth said without any more emotions.

Filip and Japeth didn't have a good past but they try to ignore it in front of Sophie even though she knew. They thought it would be easier for Sophie if the two would never argue in front of her anymore, last time.. well, it escalated.

"Cool, I'll be there. What time?"

"In the evening. Sophie can take you, I'm sure it will be fine." With those words, Japeth left again after hugging his best friend.

Filip waited a moment then he went back too and started to work on the present. He knew Rhian wasn't home right now, maybe he just forgot to ask? Or he planned to later? 

Saturday - 

With some clean clothes that Filip had washed, he made his way to the Mistral's home. Sophie left the house a few minutes ago but she didn't pick him up.

Filip did feel a bit left out but Japeth said he can come, so he'd come.

At their house, he knocked and walked in, seeing Japeth waving him inside. Filip did.

The twins were sitting at a table and there was a cake, the presents for them and some plates for the cakes and stuff.

"Happy birthday to you two!" They started singing.

"Happy birthday to you two! Happy Birthday to Rhian and Japeth, Happy Birthday to you two!" The families applauded and Japeth smiled awkwardly while Rhian enjoyed the attention.

"Your gifts!" Dovey said and handed Aric a package he put on the table. Rhian grabbed it even though everyone knew it was for Japeth.

"Rhian, it's my gift.." Japeth said quietly.

"No, it's mine! Hello? It's my birthday!" He said and started opening the present.

"But it's my present.. Rhian, Aric and I have been friends for forever.. Why would he give you something? You hate each other.. It's mine!" Japeth said and let his shoulders down.

"But I gave it to Japeth, it's his gift." Aric tried too but Rhian rolled his eyes and ripped open the package. There were books.

"Oh wow, yep, it was your present." He said and let the books fall on the table in front of Japeth. 

"Thanks.." He mumbled back and slowly took a look at the books.

Rhian opened the gifts from Vanessa and Sophie, even though Sophie's present was a self made crown for Japeth, Rhian again took it.

"It's Japeth's crown!" She said, ripped the wood crown off Rhian's head and put it on Japeth's instead. He smiled.

"Thanks!"

"No, Sophie! It's Rhian's crown, he opened the present!" Vanessa said and wanted to take back the crown but Sophie slapped her mother's hand slightly. 

"It's his crown. I gave it to him." She said, lifting her head.

Filip felt weird. Rhian always has been a really nice guy to him and he always thought he was nice.. but now, seeing how Rhian got all the attention even though many have told him that something didn't belong to him, Filip was getting angry.

"This is for you, Japeth." Filip said and handed the gift right to Japeth instead of laying it on the table like the others.

"Oh.. thank you!" Japeth said in surprise and everyone looked at Filip since the rules were actually that you don't hand the birthday person the gifts.

"But Filip is my friend, Japeth!" Rhian called out.

"So? He gave it to me? Rhian, it's my turn to open a present!" Japeth said back and started opening the box.

"But Filip is MY friend, Japeth!"

"Japeth, give Rhian his present, please." Evelyn said and exhaled annoyed.

That was enough for Filip and he saw that Japeth hated it too. They exchanged a look and Filip nodded slowly as if they were taking over their minds with each other, Japeth exhaled and stood up.

"I'm sorry, I took your gift, Rhian." Japeth said, handing his twin the box but when Rhian reached for it, Japeth let it fall to the floor.

"Oops." The boy said while Rhian and the other's gasped.

Then Japeth stepped right on the broken box, destroying the gift. It sounded like it was made out of wood.. and Japeth felt bad but he didn't stop until he left the table.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" He said and held his hands over his mouth, fake gasping.

Aric was holding back his laughing and so did Sophie, she was standing there with an open mouth while Filip had his arms crossed and smiled.

"You did that purposely!" Rhian yelled and jumped up from the chair.

"Japeth! Go to your room! Ruining your brother's birthday like that!" Evelyn yelled.

"But it's MY BIRTHDAY TOO!" Japeth yelled back pointing at himself, he ripped the cake to the ground and looked at his mother.

He grabbed his books and went to his room.

Aric followed him, and so did Sophie and her brother Filip.

"Where are you going?!" Rhian asked the blond boy.

"To Japeth?"

"But you're my friend?!" Rhian called out.

"Do you really think I still want to be friends with you?" Filip scoffed.

"Hell no." Filip chuckled and shook his head in disbelief, then he ran after Japeth.

____________________________________

Author note-

HA! RHIAN IS ALL ALONE PAHAHAHAH

Anyway, Filip and Japeth supremacy>>

VOTE <3