Chap 54 / Jaric - Kiss

Gavaldon

Sophie: 12
Filip: 17
Japeth: 14
Aric: 15

TW: mention of suicide thoughts 
___________________________________

Heading to the small cottage at the end of the village, Japeth opened the door to Aric's house. Lesson and Dovey clearly said, he didn't have to knock, it's his home too.

Japeth had a bag with him, he and Aric were having a sleep over today, so he just knocked at his best friend's door.

"Yes?" Aric asked, Japeth walked in.

"Hey!" He smiled and laid his bag on the floor.

"Hey, oh! I need to tell you something!" Aric said and jumped up from his chair. Japeth saw the papers on the table. Drawings. 

"Can I see them?" Japeth asked but Aric turned the paper around.

"Um.. okay?" Japeth turned back to Aric, he was looking nervous.

"So.. You know Belle, right?" Japeth nodded confused.

"Yeah, and well.. she kissed me yesterday.." Aric said, waiting for the redhead to answer.

Japeth felt his heart fall right to his stomach.. Belle kissed Aric. He didn't know how to react but at the same time he needed to be a good best friend..

"So? Is it good?" He said but it sounded more like a question. Aric shook his head.

"No? Oh.. uh.. why?"

"Because.. I didn't want her to kiss me. She's weird.." Aric shrugged his shoulders.

"What?" Instead of feeling sad he was confused.

"What… what?" The black haired asked confused. He noticed that Japeth was angry.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because.. well, you're my best friend.. and.. well.." Aric got even more nervous, he remembered how his mothers were always kissing.. 

So, Aric carefully grabbed Japeth's side, pulled him in and kissed him. Japeth kissed back, he waited.. a long time to do that but then he pulled back.

"Sorry-" Aric whispered in panic but Japeth was standing there, not saying a word.

Why did he do this? Why did Aric kiss Japeth? What was wrong with him?!

"Japeth..? Say something.." Aric whispered but the boy just looked at him, his breath fastened.

"Please..?" 

"Are you serious..?" Japeth said suddenly and Aric exhaled in relief.

"Are you fucking serious?!" Japeth said again, louder and angrier.

"I'm.. I'm sorry?" 

"I've been in love with you for five years, Aric. FIVE!" 

Aric stepped back a bit, feeling the anger of Japeth everywhere.

"I've wanted to kiss you for five years! And now.. now you come along?! Do you have.. do you have any idea what.. what this is doing to me!?" Japeth felt tears in his eyes. He was so angry. That wasn't fair.

It wasn't fair..

"Japeth.. I'm sorry.. I-"

"Stop it! You can't just kiss me out of nowhere when it was so obvious that I had a crush on you! Are you blind?!" Japeth yelled.

"Five fucking years, Aric. I knew I liked you differently than I liked Filip when I was fucking nine years old! And now, now! You're doing this?! NOW?!" Japeth got louder and louder.