Chap 68 / Hophie - What love?

Tiktok sound: I love you - Where? - What? - Where is that love? 

TW: angst
___________________________________

HORT POV 

Sophie dragged me through the halls and to a room in the back of the castle. She was smiling brightly but I wasn't happy. I know what will happen. I know what she will say. And I don't want her to say it because I know it wasn't true.

"Sophie, stop." I said then and let go of her hand. She turned around confused. 

"What's wrong?" She asked, I sighed and shook my head.

"Let's get back to the others." I said with a short shoulder shrug and wanted to leave.

"But I love you!" She said and grabbed my arm to turn me back to her. I scoffed.

"Where?"

"What?" 

"Show me! Where is this love? I can't see it. I can't feel it. I can't touch it. I can.. I can hear.. some words. But I can't do anything with your easy words!" I said, she backed up and sniffled, tears in her eyes.

"That's not true.." She whispered but I shook my head.

"Not true? Since we got the school I tried and tried and tried and I never gave up on you. Never. But you did. You gave up on me, then you wanted me back and you gave me up again. It's tiring, Sophie. So.. where is your love? Where?" I asked, also feeling tears running down my cheeks. She gasped and shook her head.

"I.. you know me, Hort! You know why.." She whispered but I left. I left because one day everything will be too much. And I was tired of waiting and being treated like some kind of dog that she can use over and over again just to abandon it one day again.

____________________________________

Author note-

No, I did not forget about the promise to write more Christmas and new years eve one shots. I'm very sorry I didn't write any.. but here is a small chapter (really small one) yeyey

Vote <3