Chap 92 / HAPPY EASTER

HAPPY EASTER <3
Gavaldon AU

Sophie: 7
Japeth:
Filip: 10
Aric: 9
____________________________________

Sophie ran through the garden, a basket in her hands. Her mother was sick this year at Easter, so Sophie had to celebrate with her dad and Filip and his mother and little brothers. Obviously, Sophie was outside and looked for sweets or eggs from the Easter Bunny when she saw Japeth and Aric running towards her.

"And?" Aric asked, Sophie smiled and showed him her new dress.

"That's it?" He asked. She shook her head while pulling Japeth and Aric inside. Filip was sitting at the table and helped his mother to make dinner.

"I got a sewing machine from Honora and a new book from Filip. And the easter bunny also brought me some more books!" Sophie smiled brightly and grabbed the books that were on the floor.

"Oh, that's amazing!" Aric chuckled. He told his friends that he got some new pencils and new paper to draw on. 

"And you? What did the Easter Bunny brought to you, Japeth?" Sophie asked and grabbed her best friend's hand to pull him around.

"Books.. I don't need much anyway." He mumbled and smiled slightly at how happy Sophie was, though his mother didn't even decide to wake up today.

"Let's go outside until dinner is finished!" Sophie called and pulled her friends with her into the garden.

"I have to finish looking for the hidden eggs!" She smiled and looked at Japeth. No matter how hard he tried to hide, Sophie always knew what was going on. She knew that also Aric knows about Japeth's mom and she had guessed that Japeth didn't get anything.

"Wanna help me?" She asked. Japeth's face lit up a bit, he nodded quietly and they started running around the garden.

It rained last night, the grass was wet and the dirt also splashed around, making the three kids all dirty. Sophie's pink dress turned brown and Japeth and Aric were laughing at her. Sophie laughed too.

Her mother wasn't home. Nobody would be angry at her for ruining her dress that way. She felt relieved as the two laid into the grass and warmed themselves up by the sun.

Holding hands, the three chuckled and Sophie had a bright smile on her lips. She never has been so happy to be around her friends. It was Easter! Maybe if they go into the forest later, they'll see some bunnies!

Honora called the children inside. As she saw Sophie's dress her jaw fell but a smile grew on her lips.

"I ruined the dress.." Sophie mumbled, Honora laid her hand on top of her step-daughter's head and smiled.

"That's fine. You can have some older clothes from Filip, come on." Honora smiled and pulled Sophie with her while Japeth and Aric got some new clothes from Filip who rolled his eyes at them.

"You can't keep taking my clothes, dude. I'm almost out!" He laughed and handed them some pants and shirts. Aric shrugged his shoulders.

"I'll give them back tomorrow, I promise. My mom is washing them." Aric said and smiled. Japeth nodded, agreeing with Aric. 

Then they headed back into the kitchen and sat down. Sophie walked out of the bathroom with gray-ish pants and a blue shirt. She hopped to the table and sat down next to Japeth.

After dinner, the four friends headed into the forest. It was their favorite place to go. They went to their usual place, Filip's old treehouse that no one used anymore. Laying down a blanket, the four sat down and took out some chocolate that they got from the Easter bunny.

"I'm not allowed to eat chocolate." Sophie mumbled and looked up at Filip. He smiled and still handed her a piece.

"One piece won't hurt. And your mom isn't here anyway." Filip said. Sophie nodded then. Aric was talking about what his moms planned for tonight. A big party, Filip's family is invited, Japeth and Sophie should come too and Tedros with Lance and Guinevere are also going to be there.

"Chaddick too?" Filip asked. Aric nodded uninterested and talked about what to wear when Sophie turned her head and saw two bunnies. A mother one and a baby.

She shushed her friends down and pointed at the animals. Japeth saw her smile, his scims flew out of his body and they carefully went to the animals. Then, they picked them up. The bunnies were calm, yet confused.

"There you go." Japeth said as the scims placed the bunnies on Sophie's lap. A smile grew on her lips and she looked at Filip and back on the animals in her lap. She did that a few times until she started stroking over their soft fur.

"They're so cute!" She whisper-yelled and squealed a bit. Japeth smiled and Filip hit him slightly against the arm to get his attention.

"How did you do that?" Filip asked quietly. Japeth smirked.

"Business secret." He simply answered and called the baby bunny on his lap. He stroked it carefully and gave it some grass from the ground.

"They're so cute!" Sophie said again while watching Japeth holding the bunny. He looked at Aric who shook his head and tried to move away but Japeth already placed the animal on his best friend's lap.

"You.." he hissed while chuckling nervously. Aric never wasn't the person who liked animals with fur. They didn't like how they felt sometimes.

"Japeth, take it off me." Aric whispered, Japeth chuckled but did as he got asked.

They spent hours together with the bunnies when the sun started to go down again. Sophie sighed and let the animals run. Japeth helped her up.

"Happy Easter!" He said and hugged her. She hugged him back while Aric and Filip waited. But then they went home.

____________________________________

Author note-

Short chap, but I like it :)

VOTE<3