1

They continued walking along the banks for a while longer before Red could no longer contain his curiosity and just decided to ask.

"Now Miss Serafina, why are we walkin' exactly? Why don't we just run? I have to say, it has to be one of my favorite things 'bout this new life. I'm gettin' kinda fidgety at this pace."

"Miss Serafina? No, I think you mean Miss Hart. Now hush. We're walking because I happen to like this outfit. I don't want it to get snagged or scuffed while running. You found me on a feeding night. What better way to lure the most worthy meals than with a pretty outfit? So we'll walk."

Red couldn't help but nod when taking a slight glance at the woman in front of him. She was very alluring. Hell, that was why he approached her in the first place. But he could tell she didn't like to be looked at. It was as though she did everything to get you to look, but just so she could gouge your eyes out when you did. He didn't understand why. Didn't girls just doll themselves up to get men's attention? He didn't understand, but just averted his eyes from her figure and continued following.

"Where we goin' anyways?" he asked.

Serafina rolled her eyes and sighed. "Red, stop talking. I like it quiet. It's more relaxing. You don't need to know where we're going anyways. You'll see when we get there."

Red was about to ask another question but felt the air get warmer so immediately shut his mouth. Feeling the temperature go back to how it was before, he let out the breath he had been holding. This woman was terrifying without even trying. He was pretty sure he couldn't take her. Not that he'd try. But it was a big blow to his ego. He was taken out of his thoughts when he saw her turn left away from the banks and down a small road.

Serafina took a slight glance back at Red. She could see his eyes darting around more after they had turned onto the main road to the village she currently lived in. Serafina's eyes rolled again, she felt she would probably do this a lot while with this annoying man. "You can relax. I live in a normal town with normal people. I'm the only demon here and if I wanted to kill you, I would've done it when you first laid hands on me back by dinner."

He looked at her in surprise. "You live in a town? But my sire said it's dangerous for us to be near people. They can figure out what we are. That'd be bad! You can't let them know what we are!" He had begun to get a little overexcited and sped up his pace to walk beside her. She raised her eyes in a slight glare at him and he immediately fell back to his previous position. He was a big man, he knew. He actually felt somewhat ashamed for how she intimidated him. But he shut up and kept following.

He looked around some more at this village's outskirts. The farmland was pretty rich. He could tell this village was becoming somewhat prosperous. He looked to the horizon and discovered it was starting to lighten. He looked at Serafina and noticed she didn't seem to care, so he tried not to show his unease either. While walking he noticed the people watched them pass by while slightly bowing their heads with looks of reverence. This is how he'd heard people describe royalty, he wondered if she forced them to worship her. Maybe that's why she wasn't afraid of living among them. She didn't look at them while passing either. More just looked through them like she had done to him before. Red felt better. He wasn't the only one she treated as being beneath her.