45

The following day Serafina got up a little earlier than usual. Serafina had her persona. She was covered like usual in town, so her makeup was light, and her outfit was picked out quickly. But Rosalie was starting to feel like the first lady and thought she had to dress herself up, so getting ready took a bit longer. She and the rest of the Cullens knew to cover their skin to prevent accidental exposure, but they didn't have to worry about their eyes as Serafina did, so Rosalie's makeup had to be spot on.

Once Serafina was ready, she went out to her gazebo to wait for the others to get ready. Carlisle, Emmett, and Edward joined her while Jasper waited for Alice and the others back at the mansion. Serafina enjoyed getting up early to watch the town wake up. She liked to observe the day's start, seeing how the people went about their day. The men stayed back a bit, mostly watching her. It was almost as though she was on autopilot. She was very relaxed in this little town of hers.

There was a beautiful hand-carved chair that looked more like a throne right in the back center of the gazebo. She went straight for it and lazily sat to watch the town. The men sat on some curved benches around the edges to look around as well. They glanced at Serafina on her throne and couldn't help but think it was so natural for her.

There was movement. People were walking around the square in front that they had been in the day before. They were greeting each other. Edward could hear Serafina's thoughts. She was happy the town could function well when she was gone. He could listen to her concern as she thought she probably hadn't been there as often as she should have been.

They heard a sudden cry of excitement as some children started to play in the orphanage's front playground. As long as they stayed in the fence's enclosure, they could play at will until their schooling began for the day. But the cry of excitement wasn't for this. The gazebo was typically empty unless La Doña was there. They had heard excitement because the children saw her sitting in her chair as usual. The gate to the orphanage swung open, and the children ran to the more extensive playground outside the orphanage near La Doña's gazebo. They were only allowed to play there with supervision which could be difficult for the orphanage. They only managed a couple of hours during the weekend to ensure the children's safety. But when La Doña was there. She was able to keep an eye on all. No one would dare to harm the children with her there.

Serafina smiled encouragingly at them. A few children didn't take long to walk up to her gazebo. They eyed the men warily but still mustered up their courage to approach her and ask if she wanted to play. Serafina introduced the men to them. She explained they were her friends and also very special. She told them they could play as well. The more, the merrier for the children, they readily accepted.

The men watched Serafina first to figure out how she played with them. It didn't take long for them to realize everything that typically terrified normal humans about themselves, like their speed and strength. Those were the things the children loved the most. During hide and seek, she would immediately pop up out of thin air, using her speed to catch them. Having the children burst into fits of giggles.

When the rest of the family came out and saw them playing with the children, they were stunned. They weren't hiding anything, but the children were having fun. There was no fear at all. They looked at Edward, who approached them after seeing their confusion.

"They think we're angels. Everything we hide from people, Serafina has shown them very clearly. To them, it's proof that we have magic. Proof we're angels. The kids love it." Edward said with a confused look on his own face.