California 1999

The loud music in the bar was vibrating through their bodies as they danced. The couple kept away from the speakers so it wouldn't blow their ears. But they still couldn't help themselves as they stayed on the dance floor. Depending on the song, their physical contact was either heavy or light, but both women danced seductively with each other. The two shamelessly flirting and teasing through dance.

"I love it when it's just the two of us," Serafina said into Rosalie's ear. Thankfully, the two could still hear each other clearly without raising their voices, and the humans around couldn't hear a word.

Rosalie turned around, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend's neck to smile at her, "You're mean to Emmett." She laughed.

"I told him not to come," Serafina rolled her eyes.

"He's going to get beaten up," Rosalie smiled.

"That's why I told him not to come!" she answered with exasperation.

"He was our muscle when we got your treasures, so we wouldn't have to do the work. He did all the dirty work and never complained once," Rosalie reminded.

"And we went through the rainforest with him in search of Bigfoot," Serafina said blankly, "Do you know how ridiculous it is to say that out loud? But we did. And we didn't complain either."

Rosalie gave her a pointed look.

"Well, we complained less than usual," Serafina murmured, "that should make us even."

"The jungle was beautiful," Rosalie laughed, "And you have to admit. Those did look like some big human tracks. And there was a scent none of us had smelled before!"

"Don't remind me," Serafina fake gagged, "Why would he want to feed from that?"

Rosalie stiffened as she looked at Serafina in shock, "You think he wants to feed from it? He doesn't want to feed from it." Rosalie finished the thoughts in a bit of a whisper. Doubt was evident on her face as she thought, "God, I hope he doesn't want to feed from it." She shuddered.

"Then why were we looking for it?" She pulled Rosalie closer and shoved her face into her neck, "Mmm, now this is my favorite scent." She said as she lay a kiss on Rosalie's neck.

"I have no idea why we were looking for it. I kind of don't want to know now, either." Rosalie scrunched her nose in disgust, but her face cleared up as she stroked the back of Serafina's head shoved into her neck. She smiled at her mate, "I'll let you do more than just smell me if you help him out," Rosalie purred, "I'd help him myself, but I know you don't want me to go too far alone in here."

It was true. The two were in a lesbian bar. They could dance freely without being gawked at by male patrons. But that didn't stop some brave women from approaching. Although neither was interested in the least. Serafina's possessiveness didn't just extend to her gold. Rosalie was her treasure as well. She didn't stop her from befriending people. But she didn't want her to be alone in a place where multiple people considered her a conquest. She hated walking away momentarily and turning back to see several people trying to talk to her girlfriend.