37

Serafina continued her rotation. She spent time with each family member and slowly got used to everyone. Still not comfortable but no longer as jumpy. It was progress.

When the weekend was approaching, and she was leaving Rosalie at her door for goodnight, she held her back before she could open the door. Rosalie gave her a confused look but followed her request and didn't go in. She held her hand and stood outside.

"Rosalie, will you go on a date with me tomorrow? Just the two of us?" she shyly asked.

"Yes!" Rosalie exclaimed excitedly, "But wait, isn't it Alice and Jasper's day tomorrow?"

"They're fine with it," Serafina explained.

"Of course, we're fine with it. It was our idea!" Alice said to Jasper inside the house. Serafina and Rosalie were able to hear it from outside. Serafina rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah? What are we going to do?" Rosalie asked, excitement building back up.

"There's going to be a car show in Pittsburgh this weekend," she smiled, "a little birdie told me you would like to go."

"I've heard of that car show on the radio! I want to go!" Emmett exclaimed from inside just when Rosalie was about to respond.

"You can't go on their date with them," Edward admonished from the same room.

Serafina began to get a little annoyed with the interruptions. Rosalie brought her into herself for a hug when she felt the increase in body heat. Nothing else was needed. The fire was extinguished before it had a chance to turn into anger. Serafina slowly exhaled, not even realizing she was holding her breath.

"You're all being too much! At least pretend not to listen in," Esme chided all the teens inside, "It's alright dear, you keep going over your date. Just pretend we're not even here." She continued.

Serafina clutched Rosalie tighter after hearing the mother. More so out of embarrassment. Rosalie couldn't help her soft chuckles.

"The weather doesn't look too good, but it should be fine if this was Alice's idea. I can't wait! I'm so excited for tomorrow! I heard about the car show on the radio, too. I was going to ask Carlisle if that could be our family day with you, but this is better!" Rosalie practically squealed. She pushed Serafina back to look at her properly, but then she suddenly gasped, startling Serafina, "What am I going to wear? What are you going to wear? Your dresses are beautiful, but it's not the time for that flowy style."

The door swung partially open as Rosalie began to overthink how to dress for the next day. Alice stood there, "I forgot to tell you! We have two new dresses for you both!" she exclaimed as she pushed the door open, revealing Esme carrying two clothing bags.

"If you liked the dress I made for Rosie before, you'll love these! Alice's designs were amazing. I can't wait to see them on you both. I've been around Rosie so long now. Her sizing was easy. But even though I got Serafina's sizing right for those casual clothes," she said, giving Rosalie a look that caused her to avert her eyes, "it's different for dresses. So how about we try these before you leave so I can make adjustments if needed?" Esme explained.