76

As soon as the sun rose, Esme dismissed Rosalie to return to Serafina. She had to. If she didn't, she would have to endure more of Serafina's whining and complaining from upstairs. They even had to endure Serafina singing "Volver Volver" by Vicente Fernandez. She was so passionate she even felt her own dead heart stir. The couple happily embraced and cuddled until they would have to get ready for school.

"Lesson learned; do not withhold Rosalie from Serafina," Emmett groaned, "please never do that again. I hate when she sings Vicente Fernandez. It makes me want to cry, then I can't; it's upsetting."

"I was here too, Emmett, I know," Esme sighed.

"Where's Alice?" Emmett asked in annoyance.

"I may not have seen her start being annoying, but as soon as she was, I forced a vision and saw she kept being annoying all night. So we left," Alice said as she walked through the back door back into the house with Jasper.

'Why did you stay?' Jasper asked Edward off to the side telepathically.

"I wasn't paying attention and missed Alice's vision. I had to suffer with Emmett," Edward answered him lowly.

"You could've shared that information, Alice!" Emmett glared. He thought momentarily, "Wait, is this why you didn't complain when separated from her, Rosie? You knew she would act like that, didn't you?" Emmett suddenly asked.

Rosalie laughed, "You think I don't know how my girlfriend can be? Of course, I knew." She called down the stairs while being held tightly by Serafina, who chuckled into her shoulder. She kissed her girlfriend, "I needed you all to know how bad of an idea it would be so you'd never do it again."

"Now we know," Esme mumbled as she returned to work, "You kids relax for a bit and then have a good day at school."

A few hours later, the group got ready for school and went. There was snowfall that caught everyone's attention. Emmett initiated a snowball fight with Jasper's help. Serafina panicked as she saw them begin. She couldn't use her ability, and with how angry she knew she would get from being hit, she knew she couldn't fight back since she'd melt the snow. She made a snap decision when she saw the snowball approaching; she picked up Alice and used her as a shield.

Not even Alice saw it coming. She was held in the air with her mouth agape as the others laughed. Emmett got more excited as he prepared more snowballs specifically for Alice when he began being pelted by Jasper to distract him. Rosalie laughed as she followed behind Serafina and her Alice shield as they made their way inside laughing.

Alice huffed in her anger with her hands on her hips as soon as she was put down. But then she got a mischievous grin that had both Rosalie and Serafina eye her suspiciously as she showed them that her hands weren't clenched as tightly as they thought. She had two snowballs. She jumped and quickly smashed one in each hand on both of their heads before high-fiving Edward as he walked into the building with a grin.

The two women didn't see the mental conversation or see the quick passes of snowballs to fulfill the plan. All that happened when Alice was being used as a shield. They glowered at the two as they passed by. The two women quickly went to the restroom to fix themselves up, vowing revenge.