95

The family stood in the forest waiting. All listening for any sound to indicate there was someone else around. Serafina was fuming because Esme asked her to help. She agreed but didn't plan to put much effort into it.

"Are you sure this is where you saw her?" Carlisle asked.

Jasper noticed Alice's vacant gaze and approached to check on her. He stood beside her protectively, waiting for her to come out of it.

"She's almost here," Alice answered while reviewing the vision again, "On your left!" she shouted.

Everyone snapped into action, running after the nomad. Emmett pushed himself harder to try to get to her first. He began to take it as a competition. If Edward wasn't there, he had a better chance to win. He pulled ahead and was about to catch the woman when she suddenly flung him into a tree.

Serafina laughed at the impact. She then passed him, "You gotta be smarter than that, Em!" she shouted as she flung a fireball toward the redhead's back. But she suddenly dodged the flame as it soon hit a tree. Serafina frowned. She didn't think releasing Paprika in her anger was worth it. Rika would leave a blazing trail too hard to hide if released. This nomad was tricky, after all. But it was the strangest thing; it was as though she had a sixth sense for danger.

Serafina had stopped in her imagined victory, and Emmett had already run past her, "What was that?" he laughed.

As they ran, the nomad soon jumped over the river.

"Wait!" Carlisle stopped his family as they soon stepped to the edge, "She's in their territory." The family still followed from their side. They were running parallel to the woman.

"She'll get away!" Esme called out.

"No, she won't!" Jasper growled as he managed to pull ahead.

But soon, Serafina saw a pack of giant wolves run out of the woods.

"What the fuck are those?" Serafina asked with confusion.

"The Quileute tribe. Remember? We said they were werewolves. There are the mutts themselves," Rosalie explained.

"Those are the werewolves?" Serafina muttered more to herself.

"You may not have seen so many together at once. I was surprised as well when we stumbled upon them. But their tribe is special," Carlisle explained. No one slowed their pace as they watched the redhead.

'Those aren't fucking werewolves.' Serafina thought to herself. But she didn't care so much and forgot to mention the difference as she watched as the wolves nearly caught the redhead, but just before their jaws could snap shut, the redhead jumped back over to their side.

As they ran, Serafina threw a small barrage of fireballs toward where the redhead should have run, but the redhead sensed it again and began jumping between the trees and vaulting between them further to avoid the flames. But Jasper had seen and mimicked her actions. He dove for her, but she dodged his grab, too. Jasper landed in the dirt, but the family kept running.

She led them back to the river and jumped over. It wouldn't have been a big deal, but Emmett had become so focused on his hunt that he wasn't paying attention. Everyone could tell he wouldn't stop.

"Emmett, no!" Esme yelled just before he made his jump.

Before he could land safely, one of the wolves intercepted him and tossed him into the river. It was snarling and snapping away at him in warning. But it had obviously given up its own hunt to watch the current Cullen threat that nearly invaded its territory.