Pennsylvania 1950

Alice and Jasper explained to the family how their abilities work. Alice told Edward it was better not to inform the people involved in some situations in case they changed it by mistake. He understood and agreed. He also understood from Jasper's explanation that Alice was often pretty confident in what would happen, so she would then try to figure out when. With the two of them able to review the visions, they could discuss them to figure things out much faster now.

Edward also explained to them his ability. How, no matter what, he was still able to overhear all thoughts. But he explained that he could somewhat tune people out naturally after spending enough time with them and treating it as background noise. The only problem was that it took him a few years to get used to the thoughts of his current family members, so he thought it would more than likely be the same for them.

Alice and Edward began discussing Serafina away from prying ears. They knew Serafina would be back and were trying to figure out when. It didn't take long for them to realize it would be soon. They didn't see any specifics on it. It seemed she couldn't decide how she should apologize.

The Cullen household could sense a human approaching two weeks after obtaining their new family members. They were confused but just played their part and waited to see what they wanted. Soon the human rang their doorbell and waited for someone to answer. Emmett was waiting by the kitchen doorway to try to time it for a normal human interaction, then opened it, "hello, how can I help you?" he asked with a smile.

On the other side of the door was a young man, quite a bit smaller than Emmett, holding a rather large bouquet. The young man's smile fell as he looked up at the large man who opened the door, 'Jesus, please don't be this Rosalie's husband. If he knows she has an admirer, I don't want to be around for how mad he'll be,' The young man brought his smile back up, "Uhm, sorry to bother you, sir. But I was looking for a Rosalie? I have a delivery here for her," he mentioned as he held up the large bouquet in front of himself. This brought a frown to Emmett's face. Frightening the young man a great deal, but his professionalism wouldn't let his smile drop again, no matter how shaky it was.

Alice and Edward gave each other knowing looks. They knew Serafina would come back soon. They were excited but bit their tongues and acted as usual to avoid suspicion. Edward relayed the young man's fears in a soft voice only the vampires in the home could hear. Then he and Jasper continued their game of chess. Jasper, trying to block his mind so Edward wouldn't cheat, but failing.

"Emmett, get the flowers for your sister.," Esme said as she patted Emmett on the shoulder. He didn't want to take the bouquet at first but took it at Esme's request and returned to the kitchen. Esme took his place in the door with a kind smile and offered the young man a tip so he could be on his way. The young man immediately refused.

"No, thank you, ma'am! I was already given my tip in advance by our customer. But I hope you have a great day!" he said, tipping his cap in farewell and jumping onto his bicycle.

Carlisle and Rosalie had been reviewing some medical journals in the study when they heard the commotion but decided to ignore it to continue their studies.

"Rosie, it looks like one of your admirers from town found out where we live. We'll probably be getting more of these in the future," Emmett said with a raised voice. He knew Rosalie liked having these suitors before, but it was only a slight boost to her ego that quickly dwindled. He knew she wanted Serafina. She wouldn't care about any suitors anymore. Emmett was momentarily silent while looking over the bouquet but noticed something off. He expressed his confusion out loud, "what a weird bouquet, though." He mumbled after a while.