8

They walked through the middle of town. It used to thrive; she could tell. It was much larger than her home. Much more developed. With a town square leading to the city hall next to the mayor's office. She was sure it used to be beautiful, but now it was a mess. The vampires just reaped destruction for fun. It actually made her a little sad, but she didn't reveal it. She just walked with Benny until they reached the mayor's office. Where the rest of the town was in shambles, this building was pristine since it was now his. She bet the mayor's home was the same. They made it to the door where he stopped with Serafina allowing Danny to open the door for the both of them.

They walked into a fairly large office where Benny offered Serafina a seat and placed his sombrero on the desk. She thanked him and accepted, sitting across from him. Her posture erect with her legs together and crossed at the ankles. Hands overlapping on her lap. Small professional smile on her face. Dignified. He liked being in charge; she could tell. She wanted him to think that they were equals so she maintained eye contact and never once lowered herself to him. She wasn't like the other vampires in his group who looked up to him and obeyed. She was his better, but he didn't know that yet. She was alright allowing him to at least believe they were equal for now. She could play nice.

Benny couldn't remove his eyes from her as she sat. He had watched her movements from when she entered the town. She was stunning. He always enjoyed adding the more beautiful humans to his army. Once they turned, they were just ten times more beautiful, just flawless. He figured if they were all good-looking, then it would be a lot more satisfying to enjoy those carnal pleasures of the flesh with them. He wasn't wrong. He enjoyed it very much. But even so, this woman was magnificent in both her face and body. She must have been flawless in life. The fact that she was so prideful brought him an immense need to conquer. He really wanted to have a taste. His eyes burned with obvious desire as he attempted to maintain his friendly smile.

"Miss Hart, that's a lovely name. But what's your first name? I'm sure it's just as beautiful, if not more so, than Hart." He asked, sitting forward with his hands clasped on the desk, expressing his interest.

"Serafina," she responded. Though she felt her smile twitch slightly. Her anger was building with his lustful gaze. But it was strange. Danny's glare on her back would intensify whenever she felt her anger rise. She was beginning to get suspicious of his ability and did her best to suppress the anger. Was he able to tell she was getting upset? She couldn't show her hate now; she instantly calmed her inner frustration.

"Serafina Hart, it is beautiful. I knew it. But isn't that Spanish? Your last name is white though isn't it?" he asked with slight confusion while giving her his full attention.

"My mother was Mexican, while my father was American. But please. Call me Miss Hart, we don't know each other very well, and it's been a long time since I've allowed anyone to call me by my first name." She smiled while calmly and politely distancing themselves with her words.

"Lo siento. Your name is just tan hermosa, it rolls off the tongue- Serafina. Muy bonita." He smiled, "but you're right. We don't know each other too well yet. I'll keep calling you Miss Hart until you give me permission to call you Serafina. I'm pretty confident we can get close enough that you'll give me that honor." He toned down his energy and smile, now seeming to get serious.

"Now, Miss Hart, what can I do for you? Why did you enter my town? Are you trying to join? Or did we wipe out your coven, and you're here for revenge? I hope it's not revenge, I really don't want Danny here to have to destroy you. You're much too pretty to kill." He said with a teasing lilt to his voice. Smile back up. No longer being as upright as he slouched a bit putting his face in his hands as he leaned on his elbows towards her. Professionalism gone. He was openly teasing her.