30

Serafina sat in her new home and meditated on how it felt to be near her mate. She could sense Rosalie. It was a presence that should calm her. It had calmed her before when it was just the two of them. But now, she felt anxious. She felt that way because she could sense the other vampires near Rosalie. She knew her mate was surrounded and wasn't there with her. It was an uncomfortable feeling. She didn't charge over and destroy every vampire near her because Alice had repeatedly told her how peaceful the Cullens were. She trusted Alice. But she didn't like it.

Several hours later, she could tell it was getting closer to morning, so she bathed herself in water from a well behind her shack, allowing the water to boil around her to relax. She soaked for an hour and then went to the Cullen home in a new clean dress at dawn. She knocked on the door with a slight grin. She was eagerly awaiting Rosalie to open it for her.

"I'll get it!" Rosalie yelled from upstairs.

Serafina's grin grew as the door slowly swung open.

"I knew you'd be back. I knew you couldn't resist me from the first moment you saw me," a low, seductive voice said.

Serafina was stunned but didn't drop her grin. She felt God must be testing her restraint. She would have to hold herself back. She couldn't give in to her urges. Rosalie's family lived here. She had to make a good impression. What would her mother think if she gave into those urges right in the doorway? But she couldn't help the fire from rampaging inside her in excitement. She felt herself heat up.

"Emmett, move!" an annoyed voice yelled from behind the hulking man leaning seductively against the opened door's frame. He was hardly moving from the shoves he was receiving from his sister, "I will kill you if you don't back off!" Rosalie growled at him.

Serafina's fire calmed itself, knowing Rosalie was also there. It seemed she wouldn't indulge in her urges to kill the man. Lucky Emmett.

"I know you pretend to be here for her but are actually here for me. It's okay. I understand. I don't think I'd be able to resist me either," Emmett winked at her, following it up with smoldering eyes as he puckered his lips at her and blew her small kisses.

"Esme!" Rosalie whined, causing her mother to rush into the room.

Emmett had a slight trace of fear as he let out a gasp, "tattletale!"

But Esme was already there and grabbed Emmett by ear to pull him from the room, "I told you to leave your sisters alone. You can't keep instigating Serafina. You heard your brothers. They said she had almost killed you before. You can't keep testing her patience like this."

Rosalie and Serafina heard Esme scolding him as she dragged him from the room. The sight was hilarious to them both as the large man was hunched over, pleading with his tiny mother to let him go as they walked out. Apologies flying from his mouth left and right.

"I'm sorry about him. He's the most immature person ever," Rosalie said, smiling at Serafina.