81

The following day, the teens got ready for school as usual, but Edward left before any of them this time. Emmett had rushed to the door when he heard Edward head to the car but stood in the doorway with evident confusion as Edward drove off without waiting for any of them.

"I don't think he realized we weren't in the car," Emmett said.

Emmett pulled out his phone to call him when Alice ran up and pulled his phone from his hands, "Of course, he knows we're not in the car! He's picking up Bella. Rosie is going to have to take us to school today." Alice grinned.

"What an inconsiderate jerk," Rosalie complained, "What if I had my car pulled apart to clean and fine-tune? He didn't even ask!" although she was glaring and complaining, she had a slight grin growing on her face as she practically skipped to the living room to wait until they would go to school.

"Then we'd take my Jeep, or Jazz's truck, or ask Esme for a ride, or we could even run and pretend we walked," Emmett listed different options.

"Shut up, Emmett," Serafina said as she made her way toward the living room, where she sat on the opposite end of the couch from Rosalie. Rosalie narrowed her eyes at her seat choice. Serafina pretended she couldn't see and made herself comfortable by putting her feet on the couch between them without her shoes. Rosalie grabbed a pillow next to herself and threw it at Serafina, but she only caught it and made herself more comfortable using the pillow.

Rosalie clenched her teeth at being ignored. She huffed and crossed her arms as she turned on the television. She turned on the news but dismissed it as she stared at her girlfriend from the side of her eye. Serafina never peeked back. Rosalie was annoyed and didn't even care about the news anchor speaking about an anonymous tip the police had received that led to the arrest of a serial rapist and murderer that was found hiding in Portland, Oregon.

Serafina was watching the news. She raised a brow at the 'murderer' part. It seemed Edward didn't give her all the information. If she had known, it would have been fine for her to kill that piece of shit. To herself anyway. Her parents might still be upset, but she would have gotten over that. Her brows furrowed in her annoyance. She didn't even care that Carlisle had kidnapped him from the hospital in Port Angeles and taken him to Portland. That wasn't that big of a deal. It was expected of him. He always did a little extra to protect the family. This time, by taking the scumbag further from them to keep them from being discovered when reporting him to the proper authorities. Serafina was lost in thought, considering if she should track the piece of shit down to finish the job, and overlooked the danger next to her.

Two hands clamped onto her ankles and dragged her down the couch. Serafina couldn't help but laugh as Rosalie pulled her toward herself, "Why are you over there ignoring me?" Serafina laughed as Rosalie began peppering kisses on her, "Was that your handiwork we just saw on the television?" she whispered to Serafina.

"Not the sending him to Portland, but yes," she laughed as she straddled Rosalie and gave her a deep and passionate kiss on her lips.

"Hey, stop that!" Emmett called from the front door. He then whistled from the house's front, "Let's go! Shotgun!"

Serafina pulled herself from the kiss, "Excuse you? It's my girlfriend's car. That seat next to her is mine." She yelled while still in Rosalie's lap. She was sure to cover her ears and yell away from her face to not hurt her with the volume.