36

Emmett happily walked behind the other men as they made their way to the baseball field. He wasn't even a little uncomfortable carrying a large canvas sack on his back that looked as though it could hold a couple of grown men. He didn't even know what was in it. He just knew he was asked to carry it by Alice. But he would shake it around occasionally to figure out what was in it, knowing Alice wasn't around, so she wouldn't yell at him for it. But he still had no idea.

Once they arrived, Emmett immediately dropped the sack, and he could distinctly hear what sounded like wood. Everyone looked at him strangely. He just shrugged and told them it was Alice's. Once they heard that, they just ignored it. Alice did odd things on occasion. Carlisle handed over the baseball bat he was carrying to Emmett, who began some practice swings. Carlisle then began tossing the ball around with Jasper and Edward.

"Where are the girls anyways?" Emmett asked.

"I don't know; they tried hard not to think about it. It was almost as if they wanted to surprise us or something?" Edward speculated.

"They were all very excited about it," Jasper nodded.

When Emmett heard Jasper's voice, it was as though he just realized he was there. He decided to check with him, he was always with Alice so he should know, "What's in the sack?" he suddenly asked.

"Do you know Jasper?" Carlisle also couldn't hold back his curiosity.

"You can open it," he smirked, looking at Emmett.

Emmett eagerly made his way over and opened it, revealing dozens of baseball bats and baseballs. He was baffled, but so was everyone else except Jasper. He just shook his head as he chuckled to himself.

"Why?" Carlisle asked him.

"I have no idea. She said we would need it for the game," he shrugged.

"She doesn't know the rules yet; maybe she thought we would need multiple for each of us?" Edward posited.

"This is too many for even that theory!" Emmett said while rifling through the sack to see if there were different types or all the same. He discovered they were identical and dropped them back in the pack, immediately losing interest, "when are they going to get here? They're taking forever."

"It's been thirty minutes since we left home. Be patient," Carlisle said.

They heard rustling from the direction they had come from, and all turned their attention that way. Esme took the lead in capri pants and a pink flowy short-sleeved top. In contrast, Alice and Rosalie followed in high-waisted shorts and sleeveless blouses.

Esme approached Carlisle, who embraced her while looking at his daughters, "And Serafina?"

Rosalie smirked at Alice, who had a large, excited smile, as they both stood to the side and allowed Serafina to walk out. She wore longer high-waisted shorts than the other two and a shirt similar to Esme but in black. She was incredibly uncomfortable because it was the first time she wore shorts. Even as a child, she wore her princess dresses. She couldn't help crossing her arms as though trying to block them all from viewing her.