99

In Serafina's opinion, things were happening very quickly. The battle had finished not long before, but Alice immediately began planning the wedding. It was to occur within the next two months. Serafina knew her own wedding happened incredibly quickly after the two had gotten engaged. But they still had the fact that they had been together for decades. The on-again-off-again relationship Edward and Bella had with the wolf pup on the side was worrying. But it wasn't her problem. She was enjoying herself with the rumors around town.

Rumor around town was that Bella was pregnant. Serafina did nothing to confirm or deny those rumors, even when asked. Edward was lucky she didn't. She found it hilarious. Her brother didn't knock up his girlfriend. He was a virgin. Big ol' hundred-year-old virgin. Whenever she heard the whispers, she couldn't help the grin that would grace her face.

Serafina watched as her family began decorating the yard for the event. She stood beside Alice and Bella as Bella tried to walk in heels. She wasn't doing very well and even asked to walk barefoot. Serafina couldn't hold back her laughter as she pointed out that she couldn't even do that without falling. Alice didn't like the negativity and directed Serafina to assist in the yard.

Serafina frowned, "You know, I didn't even decorate my own wedding. I hired people to do that."

Alice rolled her eyes, "I can pay you if you want."

"You couldn't pay me enough," Serafina shook her head as she left the yard. She made sure to kiss Rosalie before leaving as her wife followed behind Emmett with a log that needed to be placed. Rosalie had gotten suckered into helping by Esme and Carlisle. Serafina knew it would happen, so she had been sure to avoid them since the battle.

The next day it was the wedding day. Alice did Bella's make-up, and Rosalie did her hair. Serafina sat and joked with the three throughout the process when they heard the human's parents arrive and bumble their way upstairs. Serafina discovered the clumsiness came from the mother. But the mother at least was so comfortable with herself that it appeared endearing as opposed to her daughter, who tried so desperately not to be clumsy that it made the whole thing more painfully awkward.

"Alice? Bella?" the mother called out.

"In here, mom," Bella answered.

When Bella's mom entered the room, she couldn't help but gasp as she caught a glimpse of her daughter's complete look. "Oh my gosh!" she exclaimed. "You're so beautiful! Oh, honey." She began to get teary-eyed, "Crap! My mascara," she finished as she began to touch her eyes.

Alice soon handed her a handkerchief.

"Thanks," Renee thanked Alice without questioning why she had it handy. She began wiping beneath her eyes with a smile before turning to the door, "Charlie, get in here!" she called.

"You sure? I don't wanna-" Charlie seemed uncomfortable but entered the room anyway. All the women present smiled at his entrance, "I know. I look hot." He joked, earning giggles from all the women.

"We thought you needed something blue," Renee explained as Charlie opened a jewelry box.

"And something old," he added, "Besides your mother."

Renee scoffed at his joke, "Nice," She complained under her breath.

"It was Grandma Swan's," Charlie said as Bella reached for the hairclip.

"But we added the sapphires," Renee pointed out, "Your friend there is very talented! The sapphires look like they've always been there!"

"Thank you again, Serafina," Charlie smiled at the woman leaning lazily behind everyone else.