2

Serafina sat with her brows slightly furrowed in thought looking down at the table. While Red stared at her unsure if he should speak or not. He was uncomfortable. But just decided to look around a bit.

"Nice place you got here," he finally mustered up. Red wasn't one for silence.

Serafina looked up into his eyes and simply responded with a "thank you" before she pushed her chair back a bit and crossed her legs placing her hands in her lap. "Red, you mentioned before about animal instincts when you tried to talk me into sleeping with you. Also, mates. What were you talking about?"

The fear spiked in his non beating heart. Red panicked and immediately stood up knocking over his chair and slammed his hands on the table apologizing. "Miss Hart, I swear I meant nothin' by it! Please, you have to believe me! It was an accident! You are just so beautiful, and everyone always tells me I just talk before thinkin'. So I'll just start ramblin' sometimes without readin' the room. Sometimes it gets me punched in the face or almost killed. But I still haven't learned my lesson-"

She couldn't hide the slight shock from her face, "calm down Red! Why are you so scared? I told you before, if I was going to kill you, I would've done it already. If it would make you feel better- I'll tell you if I'm going to kill you. Also, I for sure won't kill you in my own home. So, you're safe. But pick that chair up now. If you broke it, you will make me another exactly the same. Or get me a whole new dining set that's better than this one." She put her expression back to her usual calm mask.

Red froze, then picked up his chair and sat back down. He had gotten scared thinking she was going to settle accounts with him for his initial offense when meeting. He swallowed and felt slightly embarrassed and didn't want to make eye contact anymore.

Serafina grinned and tapped the table getting his attention. "Now, I really am curious about what you meant before. I know now that you're an idiot so I'm more than willing to forget out initial meeting. You're forgiven. So please explain the animal instinct and mate thing."

Red looked up again, "Oh right right," he cleared his throat, "so uhm. I guess it's cause we were made into vampires? Sire said that even he wasn't sure 'bout everythin' when it comes to our kind. But, from what he was told by his sire and what he learned from talkin' to others of our kinds, he thinks it's cause of the venom."

Serafina waited for him to continue but they stared at each other for about a minute when she remembered he wasn't very good at telling stories. She tilted her head back to face the ceiling, sighed, and closed her eyes. "Red, you're bad at explaining things." She finally let out while massaging her temples, opening her eyes to look at him again, "what about this venom, what venom?"

Red then remembered that she literally knew nothing of their kind and gave her a sheepish smile, "sorry, I forgot. To get made, we gotta get bit. Vampires have venom. From what Sire said, it's worse than a rattlesnake. It causes a terrible amount of pain that'll kill ya in about three days or so. But kill in the way that makes people into vampires. Wait, is that really worse then? Cause a rattlesnake bite will just kill ya dead. But a vampire bite kills ya into vampirin'. This doesn't seem so bad now that I-"

Serafina snapped her fingers at Red, "hey, no. Stop that. You started rambling off-topic. Back to the venom. Vampires have venom and when a vampire bites a living person, it will turn them into a vampire too. Got it. What does this have to do with animal instincts?"