93

While waiting, the twins slowly crept over to Serafina. When she noticed, she began to do the same. But where the twins thought wholeheartedly that no one noticed, Serafina knew and found it cute and pretended the same. The kings turned a blind eye, knowing the two children only behaved this way when there were no outsiders and would maintain their professional appearance when needed.

The three began whispering together, the twins questioning her wedding. They were initially unhappy until they discovered that Serafina's coven mates had also missed the ceremony. Only then was Jane able to put away her pout. She told them happily about the details, and the twins asked to be invited to the next one after Serafina alluded to it possibly happening again.

Before she could say anything else, they heard Aro ask Jane to go and see what had taken Felix and Demetri so long. She frowned in unhappiness but went to complete the request. Alec and Serafina continued discussing the wedding until the doors were opened again, and Alec quickly zipped back to his previous position.

When Jane returned, Serafina was surprised to see Edward, Alice, and Bella. Did they manage to stop him after all?

'I'll try to help you live,' she thought.

"Sister, they send you out to get one, and you bring back two," Alec noted, but when he saw the human, his tone carried a hint of amusement, "and a half." He joked as she approached him to stand beside him, "What a clever girl."

Jane rolled her eyes at his joke with her back to the others and stuck her tongue out at him before making a stoic face as she turned to look at the newcomers.

"What a happy surprise!" Aro said happily as he stood from his seat and clapped his hands together as he moved toward the new group, "Bella is alive after all. Isn't that wonderful? I love a happy ending." He said as he calmly took Edward's hand from Bella's grip.

The action made the human girl visibly uncomfortable, but she said nothing, feeling the pressure from the surrounding vampires eyeing her. She instinctively huddled closer to Edward.

"They are so rare." Aro finished muttering. But after holding Edward's hand for a moment, he gasped as he looked up at Edward in surprise, "La tua cantante," he said before looking down at the human girl, "Her blood appeals to you so much. It makes me thirsty," he said turning back to Edward, "How can you stand to be so close to her?"

"It's not without difficulty," Edward answered.

"Yes, I can see that," Aro chuckled.

"Aro can read every thought I've ever had with one touch," Edward explained to Bella, who only watched silently. Her eyes focused on the physical contact between the two.

Serafina thought that was funny. But Aro never saw how awkward it was to hold someone's hand for so long. She supposed to someone who had no idea what he was doing, it was even more awkward. She could sympathize with Bella here.

"And now you know everything," Edward told Aro, "So get on with it."