80

Everyone was friendly and played nice when Peter and Charlotte visited the family. The only one who was rude was Edward. He made it incredibly obvious that he was unhappy with their presence in town. He was scolded many times by Esme and Carlisle.

The visiting couple found that even Serafina, who initially scared them when they first met, was more likable. She wasn't necessarily friendly. But she didn't threaten to kill them as often as she did fifty years before. They still couldn't believe she was the same person. They guessed love made a difference.

Jasper nearly fought with Edward in his friend's defense when Edward almost showed them how upset he was. The couple initially planned on staying a week but could only last a few days before they were too annoyed and decided to leave early. Though they didn't openly admit that was why. But the family could guess. The entire Cullen family, minus the two women, apologized repeatedly for his behavior.

Once they left, Edward went to stalk his human in Port Angeles while the family divided for the night. Their parents went on a small date night in town. They would have dinner in town but then take a page from their children's books and head to their private cabin for intimacy. The teens headed off in the opposite direction when that happened.

Jasper was still upset with how Edward treated his friends and wanted to vent some of his frustrations by wrestling. This was what Emmett was built for, so he volunteered to spar with him. Alice wanted to see, plus she was upset too. She wanted to vent by complaining, and if it was about Edward, Rosalie was all for it, so the two went with them as well. They asked if Serafina wanted to join, but she had admitted that she hadn't wandered around town as often as usual and wanted to brush her face around town.

Wandering through town that evening, Serafina saw some of the regular people she saw during the morning. But it was different. People's routines were different at this time than the morning. She found it fascinating.

When walking in front of a supermarket, there was a younger, disheveled vagrant who saw her and looked at her no differently than anyone else, "Can you spare a dollar?" he asked. There was no fear or intimidation. He must have been new in town.

"Why?" Serafina asked. Narrowing her eyes at the man as she stopped to speak with him.

He was already surprised that she had acknowledged him. Most people usually ignored him and passed him by, "I'm out of cash and trying to get to New Mexico. I can't find a quick job to earn enough cash in town," He answered. He put his hand down but answered her.

"And how is a dollar going to help you with that?" Serafina questioned.

"Well, it won't. But I'm hungry," he answered.

"Then let's go get you something to eat," she answered, "You can tell me why you haven't been able to find a job." She began walking away. When she saw he wasn't following, she turned back to look at him, "I thought you were hungry? You can't buy anything with a dollar, so I'll buy you dinner."

The man immediately followed her just a step behind. She took him to the town diner and sat across from him. The townsfolk couldn't help turning to stare. When the waitress approached them, she smiled at Serafina, "Hey there, Serafina. Haven't seen you in a while." She smiled, "Your usual?"