11

Sunrise came all too quickly. Serafina could feel the sun's rays as it came up but kept her eyes closed for a while longer. By waiting she was hoping the prisoners inside would sleep a little longer. She knew the children were alright but the women, not as much. They didn't sleep until fairly late. Her tree was closer to the building they were kept in to ensure their safety, but she could also hear the conversations going on inside. When she had finished speaking with Benny the night before, she could hear the women attempting to discuss herself. They waited until all the children were asleep before going more in-depth. Lucky for Serafina, the children didn't fall asleep until she was comfortably in her tree so she could listen in.

Serafina heard it all. The children seemed happy; they seemed to believe in the beautiful angel who came to save them. But the women were still terrified. This new monster admitted to 'punishing' their friends and family. This new monster could command the hundred other monsters who had destroyed their town into doing as she wished. The monsters were scary but if the monsters were scared of her, what did that say about her? There was no trust for herself but they didn't want to be left with the monsters that slaughtered their entire town. They were always on edge wondering when they would be next. They didn't know if they were swapping one cage for another but at least this beautiful new monster seemed to have a soft spot for the children. Her word that she would get them to safety was of course met with suspicion but they knew they didn't have a choice. They debated running from her once they were out of town but ultimately squashed that idea once they remembered that she was still a monster. They knew they would be caught. They were worried but still prayed, hoping for the best before bed.

Serafina decided to get up once she heard movement inside the house. Danny had been standing sentinel across the street in order not to disturb her. As soon as Serafina dropped down from the tree, Danny sped over to ask if she'd like the carts now. She agreed. Danny raised his voice a bit and yelled "Bring them" causing two random vampires to walk over two large carts. They gave Serafina a nod and then gave Danny a nod as well before leaving. The noise they caused seemed to have roused Benny from his home since he walked out barefoot in only slacks and his button-up wide open with his chest hair on full display showing his muscular figure. The sight made her grimace slightly. Benny didn't notice as his eyes were narrowed on Danny. His mustache twitched as he saw Danny reporting to Serafina, but quickly put on a smile as he turned to Serafina.

"Good morning! I see you're getting ready to go. Danny helping you out?" he asked as he smacked Danny on his back, then grabbed his shoulder pulling him back a bit away from her. Danny gave him a confused look but still complied in allowing himself to be pulled away. "I'll allow it. He can definitely help you when you need him. But I should be the one you come to when you need something. Then I'll tell him." He stated smiling at her. Putting himself between them.

Serafina and Danny both cocked an eyebrow at each other. Serafina was fairly certain Benny was getting jealous. She wasn't going to say anything now. She could tell Danny was legitimately confused. He had a bit of innocence to him that she found endearing.

"Isn't that just a waste of time? She can just come to me directly." He turned to Serafina, "I am more than willing. I will do my best to help you!" he stated to her with a determined expression as he stood at attention.

"You were just a boxer?" Serafina asked suspiciously as she looked over at him, "you take things very seriously. Like a soldier."