48

The Cullens were midway through the second week of their little vacation. They all enjoyed themselves more than they had thought they would. Serafina was right. They didn't have to hide anything. It didn't mean they completely let loose (except Emmett, he very much did), but it was nice for them not to have to hold back. To have to try to look normal. These people knew they weren't normal. But their first thought wasn't a vampire. Their first thought wasn't to fear them. Their first thought was not to upset Serafina, their Doña. But that was it.

They split up most of the time. Esme was very interested in the greenhouse and playing with the children at the playground. It wasn't just the children from the orphanage anymore. Other children from the neighborhood had begun to join, so it was practically every child in town. Carlisle just liked being with her, so he did whatever she wanted, but he had begun moonlighting at the hospital like Serafina thought he would, only a few days into the trip. He even allowed some of their medical students to follow him on his rounds. The hospital was grateful.

The teens would typically go off on their own. They usually played with the children and indulged in their interests afterward. They did things like window shopping, actual shopping, playing music in the concert hall, or listening to Henry. They only separated when Serafina stole Rosalie away so they could explore alone. Even then, the other four stayed together.

One morning Rosalie decided her car needed to be washed. A brief shower had dirtied all three vehicles the day before. Only lightly, but it was considered filthy for Rosalie. Serafina promised to have a covered garage built for her in the future. Rosalie didn't mind that much but appreciated the thought. Alice reassured Rosalie there wouldn't be any more showers, so she would be okay to wash her car if she wanted. But once Rosalie walked outside with the necessities to clean her car, the other Cullens said their goodbyes, much to her chagrin.

Rosalie just rolled her eyes at them and got to work. She didn't believe in using her abilities to tend to what she enjoyed. That wouldn't be fun for her. She was cleaning alone when she grew somewhat annoyed because the song she was beginning to enjoy was suddenly changed from the radio in the car.

She let out a frustrated sigh as she waved the towel to smack Serafina's feet hanging out of the open door, "Why aren't you helping?"

"I offered to pay someone in town to wash it for you," Serafina said. Unfazed by the sudden attack. She continued to relax, lying partially on the front seat. Part of her legs dangling out of the open door.

"I'm not letting some stranger touch my car," she scowled. She saw Serafina smirk and smacked her again with the towel, "Come on! Do something!"

Serafina shimmied on the seat, "There."

Rosalie had a look of confusion on her face, "What was that?"

"I wiped off your front seats," Serafina grinned, "and this just happens to be one of my favorite dresses, so you're welcome."

Rosalie repeatedly smacked her with the towel as she laughed, "You're not funny! Come help me, please!" she whined.

Serafina chuckled as she got up from her seat and began to help. Once she was up, she took her job very seriously, knowing how much Rosalie loved the car. Despite trying, she hadn't done this before and wasn't doing well. Rosalie was very patient. She held her hand to show her the correct motions and strength needed to clean it properly without damaging the paint.