Louisiana 1999

The three explored New Orleans. Rosalie was in a bad mood for the first few days. Serafina tried to soothe her the whole time but to little effect. Thankfully, she soon relaxed as the days passed with no other vampire presence around. She allowed herself to have fun with her beautiful mate and brother.

But their fun and games soon ended when the three felt a vampiric presence approaching when taking a shortcut through an alley. Emmett was soon mysteriously flung into a wall, where he groaned as he slumped to the floor for a brief moment but quickly stood up. They'd rough house quite a bit as a family, and he was used to being thrown around now. It hardly even phased him anymore. He groaned and mumbled to himself in complaint as he stood up and eyed the direction the newcomer was coming from.

"You three have been wandering around my territory for four days. I thought you were here to kill me, but you just kept going around and around like tourists. I'm sick of it! If you're going to try to kill me, let's just get this fight over with. I'll finish you three before dinner," a beautiful African-American woman declared as she strolled into the alley to join them. Her speech and approach were incredibly intimidating to ordinary people.

But not to these three.

"Is this your friend?" Emmett asked with excitement.

"Friend? I don't fucking have friends. Friends are a weakness. They drag you down," Yvonne laughed, "You must have me mistaken for someone else."

"Yeah, that's my friend," Serafina answered Emmett, ignoring Yvonne's spiel.

Yvonne was momentarily confused, but she got closer and immediately recognized the brunette, "Ms. Hart?" she asked in surprise, "you know that offer expired, what? Fifty years ago?" She got closer and eyed Serafina up and down. She was even glancing back at the blond but immediately lost interest. Ms. Hart had her eye, "You know what? I still really like your face. Offer is still on the table."

A growl erupted from behind Serafina, startling everyone but Serafina. It was very threatening; even Yvonne stepped back. Rosalie's eyes immediately turned black in her fury. She pulled Serafina behind herself as she glared at Yvonne with her snarl still on her face.

Yvonne was embarrassed for having gotten scared and became angry at herself. She crossed her arms and looked at the blond, "Fine, your friends can join too."

Emmett looked incredibly disgusted as he held his stomach and looked at this new woman, "Oh god, no thank you. Leave them out, and you and me can have fun."

Yvonne was surprised. A male declining to be with two additional stunning women for sex. Why? He didn't look like the blond. They shouldn't be related. Her confusion was written on her face, so Serafina decided to clear things up.

Serafina calmed Rosalie as she held her hand and stepped forward, "Yvonne, it's been a long time." She grinned, "There's a reason for that. You see this woman here?" she brought Rosalie forward. Rosalie had a large frown, "this is my beautiful mate, Rosalie Hale."

"Pleased to meet you," Rosalie muttered. She wasn't pleased.