Ohio 1950

Alice and Jasper had enjoyed each other's company for more than a year, just learning more about each other while traveling. Jasper noticed he felt better when traveling with Serafina, but it was almost as if a switch was flipped when he met Alice. It was easier. She had even taught him the animal blood diet, and although he struggled if exposed to human blood, it was already a big step in the right direction for him. He no longer had to murder to feed. He wasn't surrounded by negative emotions from his victims anymore. Now he spent his days and nights with a little ball of sunshine. He now knew he was capable of happiness, and he loved it. He loved her.

While practicing the diet, they ran into Peter and Charlotte. Jasper was sure it was intentional on Alice's part. He didn't mind; he was happy to see his friends again. They loved Alice; she got along well with both of them. But what they liked about her most was how she had brought Jasper out of his depression. The only thing they couldn't agree with was the diet. Alice did try to get them on board with it. But it wasn't for them, so the deal was when it was time to feed, they would split up and meet back together afterward. At least for a while because they knew Alice's goal of meeting with their family. They didn't want to hinder that goal and made the most of traveling together until then. They all waited for Alice to get another vision of her future family to meet up with them soon.

This night was a feeding night. Their evening ended with them meeting up at a bar near midnight. Alice and Jasper coming from the woods, and Peter and Charlotte coming from the opposite direction after hiding the bodies of their meals where they wouldn't be found. As long as Alice stayed close to Jasper, he felt strong enough to endure the emotions and scents of the humans enjoying themselves around them. They were all sitting in a booth when Alice stiffened. Jasper felt her anger after she cleared her mind of the vision. Peter and Charlotte were skeptical of her ability at first, but after seeing it firsthand, they knew she was the real deal. They were curious about what she saw this time that upset her.

"What did you see?" Charlotte hesitantly asked, noticing the furrowed brows on Alice's always smiling face. She found it strange.

Jasper attempted to soothe her to calm down.

Alice took a breath to try and ease her anger, but she still couldn't help thinking about it again and getting angry, "she's going to cheat!" she finally gritted out.

"Who's gonna cheat?" Jasper asked, bringing more calming emotions to his favorite girl.

"Serafina! I can't believe her!" she scoffed.

"Who's Serafina?" Peter asked.

"Ms. Hart," Jasper answered him.

"You call her Serafina?" Peter asked incredulously, looking between Jasper and Alice for an answer.

"Aren't you scared of her? She's so intimidating," Charlotte added.

"No, I agree with you completely. I find her terrifyin', so I call her Ms. Hart. Only Alice here is brave enough to call her Serafina," Jasper grinned proudly, "but what do you mean she's gonna cheat?" he directed to Alice.

"I saw her. She'll be in New Orleans and meet a very attractive vampire. They're going to sleep together! I can't believe her," Alice shook her head in disbelief.