82

Instead of staying in their little nest until the next school day, the two went home early. Rosalie decided she wanted to yell at Edward more. She was also debating whether she should set his favorite car on fire. She had calmed down considerably knowing that Serafina wasn't upset with her for still having those old dreams of a human life. But she was still livid with Edward.

When they got home, his favorite car was still sitting in the driveway. Rosalie had asked Emmett to move it there when they were on their way home after school. She threatened him to either move it or she would set fire to it in the garage, which wouldn't be good because his Jeep was right next to it. He guiltily complied but felt it was the best thing to do to keep the rest of the cars safe.

Edward had seen a vision of Alice's before where Rosalie had destroyed his car in a fit of rage. He wasn't surprised to see his most prized car in the driveway that day. But when the couple had left, he assumed it was safe. Everyone else did, too; they just hadn't gotten around to putting it back. When the couple returned home early, Rosalie never entered the home and began to eye it. Edward groaned internally and went outside to see what she was doing. Carlisle wasn't even home anymore to step in and help if needed.

Serafina assumed Rosalie and Edward would have a mental conversation. She stood back and watched as she leaned against a tree. The others slowly came out of the house to see what was happening.

"You're right; I would deserve it. It doesn't matter that I didn't tell her and that a descendant of Ephraim Black is her friend. I should have left before like I had thought," Edward told Rosalie. He had told them all before when Carlisle was there that it was from the legend that the Quileute boy had told Bella that helped her find out about themselves.

Rosalie continued to glare.

"She is worth it. The car is nothing compared to her," he answered.

Rosalie sighed in resignation as she began to make her way inside.

"Edward, hush!" Alice tried to warn.

Edward sighed with relief as he got a small grateful smile, "I knew you wouldn't be able to do it."

Edward's car suddenly blew up. It was a small, contained explosion that didn't cause any other damage. But his beautiful Aston Martin Vanquish was no more.

Serafina was offended on her beloved's behalf. She took his comment as he thought Rosalie was too weak to do it and taunted her.

Esme covered her mouth in shock, "Serafina Hart!" she exclaimed after she regained herself.

Rosalie had her jaw dropped for a moment before she started laughing hysterically. Emmett and Jasper tried to hold in their laughter for Edward's sake. Alice had her hand on her forehead in exasperation.

Edward looked stunned. He was. He had heard Alice's warning a moment too late and knew precisely why Serafina reacted, "I meant that I knew she would never destroy such a beautiful car. I wasn't mocking her," He whispered sadly.