Pennsylvania 1952

"I don't want to hang out with you guys anymore," Emmett whispered as he glared at Serafina as she glared back.

"Do you think I want to be here? Shut the fuck up and do your job," she whispered back angrily.

Both were waiting in the garage for Rosalie to return from getting some additional items she needed to fix her car. They tried to keep their complaints quiet to avoid hurting her feelings. But neither of them wanted to be there. Rosalie used them, but they couldn't say no because they felt bad. They knew how much she loved the car, but they got bored very quickly, and when they tried to joke around, Rosalie would scold them for not taking it seriously. So they let themselves be used. Emmett was her lift, while Serafina was her torch.

"Why don't the others ever have to fucking help?" Emmett whined.

"Because those fucking cheaters bolt before my baby is ready to start her day! I bet Alice is getting visions to warn her and Jazz, and that fucking eavesdropper listens in so he can sneak away too!" Serafina complained.

"Well, you're her mate. Why can't you bail when you know she will want to work on the car? You should know by now how to tell when she'll want to," Emmett asked in confusion.

"Because she's my baby. She needs my help. I'm out of luck either way," she grumbled, "I guess it's love." She sighed dramatically as she rolled her eyes. But she couldn't help a small smirk that crept up on her face as she said it.

"Oh fuck you," Emmett laughed.

They continued complaining and joking and soon heard Rosalie return from the store with Esme. Rosalie raced to the garage to meet them, "thank you guys!" she smiled, "I think this is pretty much it. We should be able to finish the repairs today!" she said excitedly.

"That's great, mi amor!" Serafina smiled.

Esme then walked into the garage just behind her, "I hope you two got the f-word out of your system while we were out. I warned you before that you two need to cut back on it. I don't want to hear any of that shit while I'm here." She winked with a grin as she walked into the house. Emmett gaped at her receding figure while Serafina shook her head in amazement. Rosalie just laughed at the two of them.

Esme had finally had enough of the two of them swearing so much. Emmett would work Serafina's temper up to the point where she would start swearing, but the swearing would soon turn into Spanish swearing. This was his goal. He wanted to learn to swear in Spanish, but Jasper and Serafina refused to teach him, knowing he couldn't hold back. He had finally managed to annoy her so much that the two had gotten into a swearing match and were heard by Esme, who rescinded their swearing privileges. She now stated she would limit them to a handful a day. Emmett was resentful. In his opinion, she was ruining his chances to learn Spanish.

The two continued to joke while assisting Rosalie when needed. By the end of the afternoon, they had finished putting the car together, and Rosalie managed to start it up. After months of studying and working on the car, Rosalie fixed it. The others had all shown up for her success. They all clapped as she excitedly jumped out of the car after driving it around the driveway and threw herself into Serafina's arms. Never able to keep her excitement to herself.