63

The three waited a bit to make sure everyone left. The glares between Serafina and Morgana terrified anyone who didn't know them. Rosalie wasn't scared of either. Yes. The two women hated each other but got used to each other over the years. They were friends. She thought. She just thought they were terrible at being friends; the two were more like frenemies. It was a bizarre relationship to Rosalie. But she didn't care too much about it. Not anymore, anyway.

Rosalie initially hated Morgana because she thought she was flirting with Serafina, but she soon realized that wasn't the case. She would constantly show up in front of Serafina to get a rise out of her. She was looking for clues. Now Rosalie got along very well with Morgana. It took a while. She wasn't comfortable with her until after learning that Morgana treated Serafina more like a science experiment. She insisted that the two seemed familiar to her and wanted to know why. Through her continuous investigation, Rosalie saw the two build more tolerance for each other's presence over the years. She thought it was their attempt at friendship.

"What, bruja?" Serafina finally asked.

"I don't know why you dislike me so much. I'm very nice," she smirked, lying on the sofa and making herself at home.

"No, you're not. You keep poking and prodding me whenever you see me!" Serafina sneered, intense glare still present.

It was true. Morgana would randomly appear near them in town and sometimes poke Serafina to see her reactions. She would poke her verbally or literally. But she never meant it as a threat because Paprika never came forth to defend her, so they knew it was innocent. Serafina hated it, though.

Rosalie thought the two were very childish. She didn't know how bad it was until Morgana once asked for a hair from Serafina. Serafina refused and walked away. But Morgana walked behind her, pulled a hair, and then walked away in the opposite direction as though nothing had happened. Serafina was so angry that she turned around to follow her, and the two ended up in a slap fight.

It turned into a slap fight because Serafina did not want to use her fire since they were in the middle of town with the children present. The townspeople knew her fire meant she was angry and might believe she was angry at them. She didn't want to cause panic, and that was the only way she could think of to vent her anger. The fact that Morgana fought back still made Rosalie laugh when she thought about it. After all, Morgana appeared much more mature and refined, but when Serafina slapped her arm, she stood there astonished momentarily before her fury erupted. But Morgana felt the same way Serafina did and didn't want to use her magic in the middle of town either. So she slapped her back. Neither went for the face but would slap arms, thighs, or the other's stomach or back. Rosalie couldn't hide her chuckles at the time, and the children thought it was a show and laughed along with Rosalie.

Rosalie began chuckling at her memories. The two women stopped glaring at each other briefly to give her a look, and she bit her bottom lip to stop. Once she did, the women returned to how they were before. Glares and all.

"Would you rather I poke and prod you or your pretty mate?" Morgana asked with a raised brow.

Serafina couldn't help the growl that came out. Rosalie smiled at Serafina's reaction. She loved her protectiveness of herself. She cuddled herself a little bit more into Serafina's body.