Volterra 1950

Serafina didn't know what to do after leaving Rosalie. She had no one to speak to about what was happening or how she felt. She wandered near her town for a few days, not wanting to go inside in case she lost her temper with someone. She was sad, confused, and furious. Her fury was most noticeable as many things near her would randomly burst into flames. She decided she would seek advice from immortals older than herself. She immediately took a cruise liner and went straight to Volterra.

That was where she had found herself now. She was looking to the courtyard, where she found Sulpicia and Athenodora relaxing. The twins, Demetri and Felix, were quite a distance away. They were the only ones allowed near the leaders' mates when they were outside the tower. Aro and Caius considered them additional protection. The ladies' usual guards oversaw the entrances to the yard, so Serafina walked over to one of them to ask for entry. They relayed the request, and Serafina was soon called over.

Serafina stood next to the two women who didn't even get up or look at her, "so, no hello for me? I haven't seen you for a few years, and it's as though you've forgotten me." Serafina said with a slight grin.

"A few years? Didn't we see you last week?" Athenodora asked, lazily looking up.

"I could've sworn it was just a few days ago," Sulpicia said, slowly doing the same.

"No, it's been a few decades," she laughed.

"How odd, well welcome back," Athenodora said as she stood up, removing her sunglasses and hugging Serafina.

"Forgive us. Even a few decades are only a drop in time for us," Sulpicia said as she stood up and hugged her.

Seeing the movement from the corner of her eye, Jane smacked Alec, who turned his head to look, and soon they both sped into Serafina. Two small torpedoes nearly knocked her to the ground. Their reaction caused all three women to laugh. Demetri and Felix noticed their move and saw the twins greet Serafina. They waved over to Serafina and went back to what they were doing before. She waved back and then hugged the twins harder.

"Finally, you've come to visit!" Jane said with a slight glare.

"We were starting to think you would never come back," Alec added, glare matching his sister's. This was one of the few times she saw the twins' similarities. She felt guilty.

"I'm sorry; I'll try to visit more often in the future," Serafina smiled.

"What's wrong?" Jane asked, looking Serafina over.

"You look different," Alec added. Both twins noticing a slight nervousness or agitation in Serafina but were so unused to seeing that on her, believed it to just be something off.

"I have to ask Sulpicia and Athenodora a question," she said hesitantly.

"Oh?" Sulpicia asked with a raised brow.

Serafina sat on a lounger with the twins on either side of her. Athenodora and Sulpicia sat opposite her, now sharing one of their loungers. Expressions were bored, but they both feigned interest. Serafina looked at the twins, unsure if she should talk about her mate with the twins there. The ladies saw her questioning look at them, drawing their attention. They were getting curious.