61

After a couple of days, Serafina was situated comfortably in the school with her siblings. She had no problem with people, but the problem lay with the people. They knew something was wrong with the Cullens. An instinctive fear within them made them uncomfortable around these teens. The only thing they could think of was that they were intimidated by them. They were the most attractive, the most wealthy, and even the most intelligent in the entire school. That seemed to be reason enough to avoid them in their minds.

But Serafina was different. Yes, she was all of those things too. But there was still a difference between her and her siblings. Even the physical differences were enough to comfort them. Her skin had a natural tint, and the fire running in her veins prevented her from being as pale as the others. It also gave her warmth, so she didn't have to use the poor circulation excuse or avoid any possible contact with the student body. Her self-control helped with that too. She was never uncomfortable with being somewhat close to the humans. So when she was bored, and her mate or siblings weren't around, she sometimes chit-chatted with the others. Never too much. But more than her siblings took the time to do with them.

Even with their diet, the other Cullens struggled and preferred to keep their distance from others. So the avoidance was mutual between the Cullens and everyone else. Serafina somewhat bridged the gap, but only when her boredom won out. But considering how much she disliked people, it didn't happen often. She preferred the Cullens, who kept to themselves. Maybe not even the Cullens. She only needed Rosalie.

The following week Serafina stood at her locker as Rosalie reapplied her lipstick for her. She couldn't help her cocky grin.

"Stop, or I won't help you," Rosalie scolded.

"I'm surprised you're helping her in the first place. I bet she told you no one would know what you two did in that empty classroom, but that lipstick on your neck paints a pretty picture," Alice teased in a sing-song voice as she skipped by to get to her locker at the end of the hall with Edward and Emmett. Since they enrolled at the beginning of the school year and lockers were assigned alphabetically, the Cullens were placed at the opposite end of their sisters, who started school late.

"Guess we know why Serafina needs a touch-up to her makeup in the first place," Emmett chuckled as he passed.

Rosalie gasped as she put her hand holding the lipstick cap to her neck. Glaring at Sera, whose smirk only seemed to get wider. She capped the lipstick and was handed a small mirror by Jasper as he followed Alice and the others to their lockers.

"Sera!" she whined after checking her neck, "I'm going to need to go to the restroom for paper towels to clean this off." She complained as she handed the mirror to Serafina. She was very annoyed, "You put your lipstick on by yourself as punishment! I'm going to the restroom to wipe this off!" she said as she marched away.

"Te amo mi hermosa Rosa," she whispered only loud enough for their superior hearing.

Rosalie's march slowed, and she did a little spin to send her a small smile as she neared the restroom, "I love you too." She whispered back.

"Yeah yeah, we know. You're adorable. But knock it off," they both heard Emmett complain from down the hallway.