5

The leader had finally had enough, he pulled his pistol and started firing on Serafina. She easily dodged the shots and made sure to do it with as little movement as possible, as quickly as possible when needed. To the other bandits, she was practically at a standstill, they were shocked she wasn't hit. For them, they figured it was proof she was actually a ghost. Several dropped their weapons and attempted to make a break for it.

"You think you can get away? How cute." She laughed with a small nod no one noticed except the man lurking in the shadows.

Red took that as his signal and began cutting the throats of the ones attempting to run. As quickly and efficiently as possible and there were 8 bodies on the floor with stunned expressions and hands clasped to their gaping necks trying to stop the bleeding. They had failed in their escape. Soon their bodies lay motionless.

More men began firing on her. So she decided to join Red. It was quick work for the two of them. Red just went as quickly as he could so he still wouldn't be seen. Serafina stopping just in front of them so they could see into her eyes just before she went for their throats, then quickly dodged the spray of blood. She only did this to leave them with that last bit of fear before their deaths. Now there were only about 5 left; they had slowly huddled together out of that instinctual need for comfort. Those were their thoughts, but really, Serafina and Red had herded them there like cattle.

"Come here," she motioned to the leader to come to her. The fear was too much, and he was frozen in place. She raised her brow in her surprise at his neglecting to fulfill her command and snapped her finger and pointed down in front of herself as though summoning a dog. This woke him up and he slowly walked towards herself back at her "stage", almost completely opposite the prisoners.

Once he was fully in front of her, he took her features in. At first, shock from her natural beauty, then as he went over her features a bit more and looked into her eyes, that shock turned into anger. Serafina had seen the changes in his expression. She wasn't sure what caused the anger; she much preferred the fear. She cocked her head to the side, "don't look at me like that." She simply stated.

The leader's face turned red and contorted in anger, he pointed straight at her face, "You're one of his freaks! You're one of Benny's freaks! That son of a bitch went back on our deal! I knew he would! Shit! I thought I had more time." He began breathing heavily.

She smacked his hand away from her face and stared him down, "I don't know this Benny. So I can assure you that I'm not one of his." She crossed her arms looking him in the eyes. "But you only assumed I was one of his after looking into my eyes. Does Benny have eyes like mine?" she asked.

His breathing slowed and his coloring began to return to normal, "you're not one of his?"

She slowly shook her head 'no' in response.

His body slowly relaxed from his aggressive stance, "yeah, his eyes were red like yours. His people were quick too, like you. They were monsters that started rippin' people's necks open and drenchin' themselves in blood. Guess you are different now that I think 'bout it, not a drop on you. I remember it pretty clear, it was a nightmare. But Benny grabbed a good chunk of our crew and their families before they were ripped apart like the others and told us if we wanted them back we'd have to make a deal. They have my family." He whispered the last bit, eyes red. He was tired and resigned himself to his fate.