39

After a week, the car Carlisle ordered for Esme showed up. Everyone gathered and took turns riding in it with Esme to get a feel for the new vehicle. It was beautiful. There were only praises being thrown out about it. Mostly from Rosalie, who thoroughly enjoyed inspecting it and getting rides with Esme.

Serafina held in her bitterness. She ordered the car for Rosalie first. Why wasn't it there yet? She had seen the happiness on Esme's face. She had seen the hug and kiss she gave to Carlisle in gratitude. Esme even knew about it in advance, and she was still excited! It should have been her and Rosalie. The happiness would have been so much more because it would be a surprise. It wasn't fair.

Serafina tried to minimize the chances of Rosalie finding out she was upset and jealous by telling her she didn't care for car rides as much. Rosalie was disappointed, and when she tried to tell Serafina that they didn't have to go for a car ride, Serafina would push her to the vehicle and ask her to enjoy herself. Although she tried to hide her jealousy, she couldn't hide it from her two new brothers. Edward and Jasper cornered her on Serafina's third day of her, making Rosalie go alone with Esme.

"What are you doing?" Edward asked.

"You're makin' her sad when you tell her to go alone," Jasper said, "You've been upset for a while now. What's goin' on? Who are you jealous of?"

"Jealousy?" Edward thought momentarily, "Carlisle and Esme. The car they ordered got here before yours. Really? Because of the car?" he asked incredulously.

"I ordered mine first!" Serafina finally complained, "It should have been here by now! It's been two weeks! Carlisle's came last week! This is ridiculous. Don't they show those cars off because they already have some built and ready for sale?" Serafina's fingers began twitching from her anger.

"Why don't you call and find out? Maybe the order wasn't placed properly?" Edward asked.

"No, the car will get here. They know better." Serafina muttered. She glared at a fallen tree and finally vented her anger in the only way she knew how. She set it on fire. Edward and Jasper backed away as they watched.

"Tryin' to feel better?" Jasper asked, "Just give it time. I'm sure it'll be here if you trust you completed the order. Did you ask for any customizations? Maybe that's what's holdin' things up?"

Serafina looked up with a thoughtful expression. She did ask for red. Could that be the reason for the delay?

"It was probably that! Most cars nowadays come in those light pastel colors or black. Even the white was pretty rare." Edward expressed after reading her thoughts on the color.

"Rare, but it still got here pretty fast!" Serafina huffed, "Where is my Rosa's car?" she turned and threw her hand out in frustration as she burned another downed tree. They were near the area where she had sparred with Emmett before. Plenty of downed trees were nearby from when Rosalie chucked Emmett into the forest.

While Serafina released her anger upon the forest, Rosalie sat in the car with Esme. Not as happy or excited about the ride without Serafina.