47

Two women held hands as they walked down the road. No destination in mind. One rubbing circles into the other's hand to relax them. They slowed as they neared a still lively bar not too far from the town square. It had a large window that allowed them to look inside. They found their way to the front to take a look. They noticed many younger men and women enjoying themselves inside with live music.

"Do," Rosalie wasn't sure how to address what happened at the mansion. But she thought she'd ask, "Do you want to talk about what happened before?"

"No, not right now. I'm alright. I just want to look around town a bit," Serafina answered. She didn't like thinking about it. She knew she would have to tell Rosalie at some point, but she wasn't sure when. It wasn't like Rosalie was jumping to tell her about her past. She could only guess that it wasn't the best either.

Rosalie noticed that Serafina wasn't heading inside the bar they found. She just stood outside across the street and watched. With the music, they weren't able to hear much. But they could see that the people inside seemed to be enjoying themselves. Mixed company. They didn't seem to be having any issues, even with the involvement of alcohol.

They watched for maybe thirty minutes; then, a man seemed to have had too much. He forcefully grabbed a woman and pulled her over toward himself. Rosalie couldn't help her glare as she subconsciously took a step forward. Serafina held her back.

Rosalie looked at her in disbelief, "we should help her!"

"If needed, we will. But I need to see how my town has been doing in my absence," Serafina answered.

When the woman was grabbed, they saw she tried to fight him off first. She wasn't successful and ended up calling for help. The bartender jumped into action and separated the man from the woman. They could see arguing as the man was then pushed back. They saw punches thrown as more went to help the bartender. As soon as the man was subdued, he was hauled to the door and tossed onto his ass. Once he was tossed out, the bartender yelled, "Sorry about that, folks. The next round is on me!" followed by cheers from the other patrons. Before he turned to re-enter, he thought he saw something out of the corner of his eye. He turned and saw two beautiful women. One he thought he recognized. He tilted his head as he looked. She nodded to him. But then the two disappeared. Did he see the Doña? He couldn't help puffing his chest out with pride at having been seen helping someone else by the Doña. He turned around and yelled into the bar, "Make that the next two rounds on me!" he shouted to additional cheers.

"Well, the closer we are to the town square still seems to be fine," Serafina said as they stopped further from the town center.

"It's so fun playing these tricks on the people!" Rosalie couldn't help her giggle, "We can't do any of this in the real world."

"This is still the real world," Serafina said, looking at Rosalie strangely.

Rosalie pushed her, causing Serafina to lose the exaggerated expression and laugh, "You know what I mean! They don't know what we are, but we don't have to hide. It's nice."

"I know, I know. I'm just kidding," Serafina answered, "Come on," she said, gesturing for Rosalie to hold onto herself again so they could continue walking.