50

The next day the two explored the town together. They were wandering near the outer layers of town when Rosalie heard firsthand what Serafina was talking about with the lonely housewives and their dryers. She was so embarrassed when Serafina stopped to point it out to prove her innocence. When Serafina reiterated that she had only considered getting her own to care for herself, Rosalie hastily pulled her away to avoid further talk of it.

The two sat relaxing in the gazebo watching the children play. The children soon invited the two to play with them, and Rosalie happily agreed. Serafina had refused to play with them to allow herself to think. She sat on her throne-like seat to oversee them all while doing so. She couldn't help thinking about what she had learned from Rosalie before.

After hearing about her past, Serafina knew that Rosalie wholeheartedly wanted a family to raise and love on her terms: a husband and a child. Serafina wasn't a man and couldn't give her a child, even if they were living. It wasn't that Rosalie had anything against adoption, but having been with her best friend during her pregnancy, she had heard all about how it felt to feel them grow. To have an innate love for someone you had never met. So a regret of hers was not having a child while human. Serafina wished she could give her what she wanted. She could tell she would be a good mother. Serafina could give her so much love but couldn't resolve that regret. She felt guilty but vowed to show her love without those things. To try to prove she could give her happiness.

She suddenly felt a presence in her gazebo, and her small smile turned into a frown, "how long have you been there?"

"Not long," the woman answered with a knowing smile. She had sat on a bench to Serafina's turned back, "You know you're pretty impressive. I didn't even let my presence be known. But you still found me out."

"Morgana, was it?" she asked in annoyance, "what do you want?"

"To observe you," she answered.

"Why?" Serafina asked as she continued to watch Rosalie.

"There's something about you: you and your pretty mate. I don't know what it is. But it's familiar, yet unfamiliar," Morgana explained, "even when I think I'm getting closer to figuring it out, it slips away. So I have to keep observing you until I figure it out."

"Can you not observe my mate and observe me from further away?" Serafina asked, brows furrowed, feeling herself warm up a bit in annoyance.

"I could. But I won't," Morgana answered honestly.

Serafina felt her eyes glow. She sat properly in her seat, no longer watching Rosalie or the children but looking at the strange new bruja in town. Glaring at her while the bruja just gave her that slight smile. Her eyes narrowed, "Why is it so important to you?" she sighed, forcing the glow to stop.

"I don't know. But I feel it's important. I don't know to whom, why, how, what, or even when. But I think it will be," She said mysteriously, "If it will be something of significance, I don't know. But I will try to figure it out. I just need to-"

"Observe us. I get it. You do what you need to do. But do it from outside of my gazebo. This is my space. You are invading my space. I don't like it. Go away," Serafina haughtily interrupted.