34

Serafina made her way to the Cullen residence. She knew it would be a long day when she saw Emmett waiting in front of Rosalie, who was leaning against the home behind them. Emmett was bouncing on the balls of his feet in his excitement. He wanted to rush up to her but knew he didn't need to, as today would be his day to spend with her. He had plenty of time to get her used to the family. He smiled widely as she slowly approached them. But he groaned in annoyance as she completely sidestepped him and made her way to Rosalie.

"Come on! It's my day! Be excited!" Emmett said as he turned to the two women embracing behind him, "You guys can hug later. Stop wasting my day." He said, putting his hands on his hips. "Now come on, let's go!" he said as he sped away.

Serafina didn't move from her hug with Rosalie, "do we have to go?" she whispered.

Rosalie grinned, "If we don't go, he'll probably come back and carry you wherever he wanted us to go."

Serafina sighed, "Guess we have no choice." She said as she finally pulled away. Never letting go of Rosalie's hand as she walked her toward the forest. "Ready?" she asked as they entered the tree line.

"Yes," Rosalie answered just before she released Serafina's hand and began running, still at a slower pace, until Serafina joined her. Once they were at the same speed, they accelerated until they were racing to Emmett.

It didn't take long for them to reach the deepest part of the forest that Serafina had been to yet. Emmett was waiting impatiently with his arms crossed in the middle. He glared at them and then threw his arms up in exasperation as soon as he saw them, "It took you guys long enough!" he yelled.

"Yeah yeah, what do you have planned for us today?" Serafina asked as she rolled her eyes in response.

"You're going to love it!" he smiled as he stepped closer, "We're going to fight!"

Serafina cocked her head to the side with a raised brow, unsure if he was being serious or not. Even Rosalie looked at him slack-jawed. The two women looked at each other as they looked back at him.

"What do you mean you're going to fight?" Rosalie questioned.

"Exactly that," he looked at her as if she were crazy, "like a good old-fashioned brawl. What else would a fight mean?"

"No," Rosalie said, standing firm.

"Why do you want to fight me?" Serafina asked, putting a hand on Rosalie's shoulder to calm her down.

"Well, for one, it'd be fun. But two, it'll let you release some of your anger toward me. You'll like me after, you'll see," he answered, bouncing up and down as he began to pump himself up.

"No," Rosalie repeated.

Serafina smiled at Rosalie's reaction. But she was somewhat curious about how he thought this would be a good idea, "how exactly did you want to do this? Vampire rules or human rules?" she asked. Rosalie looked at her questioningly. Serafina shrugged.