78

It had been more than a month since the incident. The family pretended nothing had happened; it was easier for some than others. Alice was the one having the most trouble aside from Edward. She wanted to interfere while Edward did everything he could to keep a distance.

Serafina rolled her eyes as she looked at that sullen expression on his face, "Stop it," she finally said.

"Stop what?" he asked back while not even sparing her a glance. He was trying to focus on the humans surrounding the girl. Like always. He would sit and glare at his food tray so they wouldn't know. But his family knew. And they were annoyed.

"Pining," Rosalie answered while massaging her temples, "Stop pining. I swear to God, all this angst is giving me a migraine. And that's impossible. Well done, Edward, you've even ruined my illness-free death," She muttered lowly.

The others chuckled at her answer.

"You guys haven't even told me if you're willing to go with me," Emmett mumbled unhappily after a moment.

"Go where?" Serafina asked.

"You weren't even listening to me?" he asked in amazement. He threw his arms up exaggeratedly and settled by pushing his tray to the middle of the table while dejectedly laying his head on his folded arms. His eyebrows furrowed as he pouted.

"Now, who's the whiny baby?" Edward asked with a grin. He was still focusing on the girl. He knew what his family thought of his behavior. He disagreed. But all of his siblings still believed it.

"It's still you!" Alice glared, "Just let me-"

"No!" Edward cut her off before she could finish, "Don't Alice! This is how it should be."

Serafina shook her head in disapproval as she turned to Emmett, "I'm sorry. ¿Qué querías osito?"

Emmett's pout instantly disappeared as it turned into an instant frown, "Well, first, I want you to stop calling me little bear. I know you're making fun of me. You always do it if someone mentions how I died."

Serafina bit back her laugh, "What? No, I wouldn't do that."

"That's exactly what she's doing," Edward noted.

"Cállate idiota. Go back to ignoring your supposed mate while stalking her through her friend's minds," Serafina scolded. She turned to Emmett, "Now, what else were you talking about? Before?"

Emmett looked up at her, trying to see if she was actually interested. He then looked to the others, except Edward. He saw he had his audience and perked up, "I was saying we should go skydiving." He began.

Serafina looked to Rosalie, who shrugged. Serafina mimicked her actions. There was agreement from everyone, as they noted they hadn't done that before.

When Emmett saw them agreeing, he became more enthusiastic, "I think we should do it with no parachutes!" he smiled.