51

Rosalie lay in bed in a daze. She couldn't believe that the two had gotten to that point. She never thought she would be able to get past her fear. She looked at the beautiful face so close to her own. The owner of that face hugged her tightly with her eyes closed. If Rosalie hadn't known better, she would've thought she was sleeping. It was strange; she didn't believe Carlisle and Serafina's conversation about animal instincts, but she believed it now. There was a low thrumming throughout the room. Both of them had been purring quietly in their contentment. She smiled lovingly at her mate.

Rosalie reached over and poked her in her face, "Why are you pretending to be asleep?"

"Because I can't actually sleep," Serafina answered with her eyes closed and a teasing smile.

"But why? Don't you want to spend time with me?" Rosalie pouted.

"I want to spend all my time with you." Serafina answered with open eyes and looked at Rosalie, "But I don't want to overwhelm you. You did so well just now. I'm so proud of you." She kissed Rosalie softly.

"Only because of you," Rosalie whispered, hiding her face in Serafina's neck in embarrassment, "thank you for being patient.

Serafina smiled at her and kissed her forehead, but she noticed Rosalie seemed to be a bit uncomfortable, "do you want to take a bath? I can get everything ready and change the sheets while you're relaxing." She offered. Rosalie nodded in agreement.

Serafina zipped into the ensuite and prepared a hot bubble bath for Rosalie. She returned to her beautiful mate, and when Rosalie attempted to get up, Serafina tutted her, slowly lifted her, and walked her to the ensuite. She gingerly placed her in the tub and zipped back to the bedroom, where she changed their sheets.

She put the dirtied sheets into her home's new washer. The new dryer was right next to it. They were installed the week before. The gentlemen who installed them taught her how to use them, but this was her first time using them. It was the strangest thing. Rosalie had a bit of animosity toward the washer and dryer. When she tried to use it, Rosalie immediately asked her to send their laundry out—not wanting the clothes to be damaged by mistake since she wasn't used to using it. She complied but was upset that she couldn't use her new items. But she could now.

She finished her tasks within a few minutes and quickly returned to Rosalie. She knelt next to the tub to ask if she would like her to serve and help her with bathing. Rosalie agreed, but only if Serafina joined so she could bathe her too. Serafina would always accept a request from Rosalie. She immediately joined, and Rosalie couldn't believe how far they had come. She thought back to the time after the family left.

The two had stayed an additional month after the Cullens left. But they made sure to call the Cullen residence from the town hall to check in now and then. For Esme's sake. And Rosalie's. Serafina didn't care either way. She liked it with just the two of them. Just the two of them exploring the city. Or her favorite, just the two of them exploring each other.

The majority of the month alone was spent in the mansion. The only time they left was when Serafina had taken Rosalie through town like usual and once to feed in Mexico for bragging rights to annoy Emmett. Jasper's Maria was not pleased since a handful of newborns were destroyed after going to investigate. When she had gone personally to see what was happening, she immediately backed off at the sight of Serafina. But she wasn't happy about it.